• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vintage 1962 Fender Bassman 6G6-A with cab

hogy

I'm selling a nice '62 Bassman with its matching original cab. This is a particularly good sounding example. In my day job of amp building and restoration, I've had many of these pass across the bench over the years, and I can say without exaggeration that this is one of the best (and maybe the best) blonde Bassman I've played.

The amp is all original, but has been serviced. The only things that have been replaced are the filter caps and the electrolytic bypass caps in the preamp and bias supply. The original caps that were removed are included with the sale. All the signal caps are the original blue molded Mallory caps. I installed a new, heavy duty grounded (Belden) power cord. The original cord is included as well.

All transformers are original to the amp. Power transformer and choke are dated 13th week of '62, output transformer is 2nd week of '62, making this an early 1962 6G6-A amp.

All the pots and switches are original as well and the amp functions flawlessly. No issues whatsoever, no need for any servicing, it is rock solid and ready to go.

The "dog bone" rubber handles are original and intact on both the head and cabinet.

The cabinet has newer RI Jensen C12N speakers. I must honestly say that these speakers surprised me. I have heard them in open back cabinets before and wasn't wowed, but somehow they sound absolutely stellar in this closed back cab. Really deep and big, with nice balanced highs and good character in the mids.

There are two spots on the back of the cab where the tolex has been repaired with patches. It is somewhat hard to see, look at the pictures. There is also an additional 3/8" hole (probably from an extra input jack) that has been plugged and patched. Pictures show this.

The original tilt back legs are present and functional, the cabinet has the original knurled nuts that hold the head, the head itself has the corresponding pull-out brackets. Everything is there.

I want to mention something about both 6G6-A and 6G6-B Bassmans in general. There is a "mistake" from the factory in the Bass channel of all of those amps. At some point on the volume (depending on guitar between 5 and 6), the sound cuts out on the attack of the note. All blonde Bassmans do this. Below that point, the channel sounds great. I mention this because this is not a defect in this particular amp, and I will not accept returns or complaints because of it. The amp could be modded to fix this issue, but I opted not to for the sake of originality.

That said, the Normal channel sounds absolutely outstanding all the way to 10. The way I usually run this amp is to plug the guitar into input #1 of the Normal channel, then come out of input #2 into a reverb unit, then go from the reverb into the Bass channel. The Bass channel volume is now a reverb control and since you won't turn it up all the way, there is no issue. You get tone controls on your reverb, which is really cool.

The price for this amp and cab set is $2500, firm. I would very much prefer any payment over PayPal, but will accept Paypal if need be. Shipping within the US is $100. I will ship internationally if the buyer agrees to pay all actual costs for shipping, insurance and duties. I will not issue a falsified invoice for customs purposes, the amp will have to ship declared and insured at full actual value.

This amp can also be played and purchased in person in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Sale is final, I do not accept returns.

Thanks for looking!

411557672.jpg

411557676.jpg

411557675.jpg

411557674.jpg

411557673.jpg