• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

COLLECTORS CHOICE #5 s/n 5

ourmaninthenorth

Thanks David. The fact that you've paid for it makes your disappointment that much more resonant. I think it's pretty decent of Gibson to give you a few options to resolve this, and I genuinely hope that resolution comes soon...as I've stated umpteen times in this thread :salude

GotTheSilver

hi, no problem answering your good points - it is mine, paid for and I have the choice of rejecting it and a refund.

Davi, I have been following this thread for a while and I feel for you. Not getting what you expect after plunking down that kind of cash would be very disappointing, to say the least.

If I were you, I would take the refund on the guitar you purchased and buy one that you see pictures of on the internet. This seems like the lowest risk option for you, because you would know exactly what you are getting.

david plues

Davi, I have been following this thread for a while and I feel for you. Not getting what you expect after plunking down that kind of cash would be very disappointing, to say the least.

If I were you, I would take the refund on the guitar you purchased and buy one that you see pictures of on the internet. This seems like the lowest risk option for you, because you would know exactly what you are getting.

hi, I have great confidence in the retailer and I really have my heart set on #5 and just hope Gibson come up with a decent donna for me. At the moment, as far as I know, there are no #5's in the UK.

Peanut73

Les Paul Froum Member
Somebody mentioned the notion of Gibson refinishing the current guitar. This does not seem optimal to me given the rework effort involved, even if finish is the core issue. I don't recall if it was mentioned when Gibson received the guitar for assessment, but I am surprised it would take any large company more than 2-3 days to give a response. Options seem limited and pretty easy to offer up. Then again, who knows how many warranty issues Gibson is fraught with.

david plues

Somebody mentioned the notion of Gibson refinishing the current guitar. This does not seem optimal to me given the rework effort involved, even if finish is the core issue. I don't recall if it was mentioned when Gibson received the guitar for assessment, but I am surprised it would take any large company more than 2-3 days to give a response. Options seem limited and pretty easy to offer up. Then again, who knows how many warranty issues Gibson is fraught with.

should have 005 back by next week - will post pics asap

david plues

That sounds positive David. I hope they've got it right for you.

well it didn't turn out ok - goodness knows what they did to it but it was still crap - so I have turned it down - I will probably aske for this thread to be removed
as it could upset the new owner to read all this depressing stuff - I would say a lot of people like the dark look and would be proud to own it but not me. I really want it
to look as close to Donner as possible. Cannt be 100% of course but its got to glow....... Amen to this thread

Peanut73

Les Paul Froum Member
well it didn't turn out ok - goodness knows what they did to it but it was still crap - so I have turned it down - I will probably aske for this thread to be removed
as it could upset the new owner to read all this depressing stuff - I would say a lot of people like the dark look and would be proud to own it but not me. I really want it
to look as close to Donner as possible. Cannt be 100% of course but its got to glow....... Amen to this thread

I sure hope this guitar isn't re-marketed as new somewhere...

goldtop0

All the best for the next one David and trust it'll work out better.

ourmaninthenorth

David, I'm genuinely disappointed for you that this hasn't turned out well. Whatever you decide to do next, another Donna perhaps, I hope you'll have more success with.

All the best.

Paul.

:salude

Guitardon

David I have been on this rollercoaster ride with you from the start, and am sorry you are still not happy.

I am confused again but I must have missed something in this long thread. How did it end? Did Gibson send the guitar back repainted? Or did they just send it back and say good luck buddy?

How can you return it, will the dealer take it back and give you a refund? Or is Gibson giving you a refund? So much is unclear.

Like I said I have been on this ride with you all along and really want to know what the final outcome was. :dang

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
David I have been on this rollercoaster ride with you from the start, and am sorry you are still not happy.

I am confused again but I must have missed something in this long thread. How did it end? Did Gibson send the guitar back repainted? Or did they just send it back and say good luck buddy?

How can you return it, will the dealer take it back and give you a refund? Or is Gibson giving you a refund? So much is unclear.

Like I said I have been on this ride with you all along and really want to know what the final outcome was. :dang

I'm not sure how much of this David wants to share publicly.
Reading the thread should show that Gibson and the dealer got involved to get that guitar the way David expected, and that didn't work out. Between the three entities, it will get resolved. Perhaps another Donna from the same dealer ... or who knows. It's a deal between him and the dealer that was agreed to.

Guitardon

I'm not sure how much of this David wants to share publicly.
Reading the thread should show that Gibson and the dealer got involved to get that guitar the way David expected, and that didn't work out. Between the three entities, it will get resolved. Perhaps another Donna from the same dealer ... or who knows. It's a deal between him and the dealer that was agreed to.

Oh I get it! I guess is time to quit watching this one and see if he eventually posts a happy NGD with hopefully a Donna.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Oh I get it! I guess is time to quit watching this one and see if he eventually posts a happy NGD with hopefully a Donna.

That's definitely what we are all hoping for.

Besides, I'd hate to have to sell him the Proto. :hee

J.D.

This thread must be setting some sort of "drama" record :wah

david plues

This thread must be setting some sort of "drama" record :wah

hi, some drama! I'm a wreck with all this - I have no idea what Gibson did or didn't do but the guitar was no better. the dealer and I are hoping to getter a better
donna or a full refund, so it is more waiting - just what I need. I keep seeing great Donna's - all is not lost. I liked the comm. about announcing NGD. Here is hoping!

J.D.

Yeah, all joking aside, at the price point, I'd feel the same way.

asapmaz

The lack of information in this entire thread is mind-boggling and honestly quite frustrating.

J.D.

Cliffs notes
Guy drops 5 figures on a replica guitar with color that doesn't match the original. Gibson tries to fix it and fails. Customer even more unhappy now.