• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is it wrong that I still love my Baja Tele so much?

Big Al

I just love this Tele. I find the neck to be perfect!! Large slight V with a flatter radius and jumbo frets. Mine is on the light side and I am crazy nuts about the ultra cool switching options, which I use all the time. I got this thing when the first came out and IMO it is the best Tele for the money period. I'm always playing it and it has become my go to guitar.:hank

WBailey

I just love this Tele. I find the neck to be perfect!! Large slight V with a flatter radius and jumbo frets. Mine is on the light side and I am crazy nuts about the ultra cool switching options, which I use all the time. I got this thing when the first came out and IMO it is the best Tele for the money period. I'm always playing it and it has become my go to guitar.:hank

Yes, It is very wrong ! For one thing, it's got the wrong tonewood ! :hee

And, Jimmy Page does not play one ! :hee

And, there is no future plans for a CC model !

Nuff said, you got a problem dude. plankspanker !

guitarguy1962

I feel your pain. I picked up a Classic Series Lacquer Telecaster as while back, and I can't put the damned thing down! It sounds and plays better than my custom shop guitars. I don't know what kind of mojo Fender has at the Ensenada factory, but it must be working.

Progrocker111

I agree, Baja Tele is the best bang for the buck. I have had one once and it sounded great, easily competing with USA series. Great guitar.

Last edited:

Xpensive Wino

I just love this Tele. I find the neck to be perfect!! Large slight V with a flatter radius and jumbo frets. Mine is on the light side and I am crazy nuts about the ultra cool switching options, which I use all the time. I got this thing when the first came out and IMO it is the best Tele for the money period. I'm always playing it and it has become my go to guitar.

It's wrong. So wrong, on so many levels.

You must divest yourself of its' wrongness immediately.

PM me and I will give you the address to ship it to. :)

toxpert

Baja tele's are the best ! The necks on these guitars and the build quality are excellent.
I have long had one or more at any time.

Only recently, I moved the Baja to make room for a Bill Nash Tele.

J.D.

"If lovin' you is wrong...I don't wanna be right." :ha

Big Al

I feel your pain. I picked up a Classic Series Lacquer Telecaster as while back, and I can't put the damned thing down! It sounds and plays better than my custom shop guitars. I don't know what kind of mojo Fender has at the Ensenada factory, but it must be working.

I have a couple of those, same color but poly finish. I've had them even longer than the Baja. Great guitars I changed pickups, that's because I had some old ones, the stock ones weren't bad at all. The whole Ensenada line of "CLASSIC" models rule.

ZZ Not

Yes, I believe it is wrong. I mean, sure, the Classic series is great and all, but why do you need 2 pickups; and why do they have to be hanging out where everybody can see 'em? Just get one of these and slap that ashtray on there. :hee

Big Al

Because with the Broadcaster/Twisted Tele pickups and 4 way switch and stealth phase switching give amazing versitality. I am found of Esquires. Like a Fender Jr.

herb

I am currently jonesing for a Fender 60's Baja Tele. I played one last Spring and still can't get it off my mind. Haven't bought a new guitar in years. :hmm

bigomw

It's as wrong as me preferring my Squier Classic Vibe Tele over just about any other guitar I have over the last couple of months..... It seems to be learning that it's a guitar and resonating more every time I pick it up which at the moment, is at least once per day. I have to declare that THESE are in fact the best value for money Teles around! £165 Sterling used!

Big Al

BTW the Tele I'm abusing w/slide on the Sunburst Pub thread is the Baja I'm talkin' about.

DanD

It's as wrong as me preferring my Squier Classic Vibe Tele over just about any other guitar I have over the last couple of months..... It seems to be learning that it's a guitar and resonating more every time I pick it up which at the moment, is at least once per day. I have to declare that THESE are in fact the best value for money Teles around! £165 Sterling used!

+1

My CV Tele stays leaned up against my Princeton '68 RI. It's my grab and go axe. Best bang for the buck I've found. :peace2

engineer

Yea, love the Bajas!

I actually bought one 3 years ago after looking for a guitar for 4 years to replace my teen guitar (an Epiphone strat copy) and at the last minute i was playing a LP Studio and a Baja. Two totally different guitars but man did they have the mojo.

So after that I started looking (and saving) for a LP. Got one just a few weeks ago (why I am here). But the Baja. What a sweet guitar for a great price.
I'm note sure why people don't buy them like crazy? Here in Sweden there is an online adservice (suppose like craigs list) and every time one shows up I track to see how fast it goes. Often there for weeks selling way below what would be reasonable. Maybe because it's a MIM?

Don

I think I would like one of these. I built my USACG T-Style with similar features (except the switching) right before the Baja came out because I wanted a traditional style Tele with a large soft V shaped neck, flatter fretboard and larger frets at a reasonable price.
That T-Style has become my main guitar. I glad I built it but can imagine I'd feel the same about a Baja Tele.

Big Al

I think I would like one of these. I built my USACG T-Style with similar features (except the switching) right before the Baja came out because I wanted a traditional style Tele with a large soft V shaped neck, flatter fretboard and larger frets at a reasonable price.
That T-Style has become my main guitar. I glad I built it but can imagine I'd feel the same about a Baja Tele.

Don, I cannot recommend them high enough. Of all my guitars, it's the one I reach for most often.