• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Body Weight

Kevin L.

Perhaps an odd question. Does anyone know the weight of a Les Paul body only, both mahogany and maple, before anything else is added?

Somewhere I have seen a link that lists the weight of the mahogany used in R7s, R8s, and R9s. That would be helpful too, but I am wondering what both woods together weigh.

Thanks in advance for any help.

renderit

Most of mine are "frail" or "sand got kicked in my face at the beach with my girl" weight. I have played some "normal as claimed by doctors" and they were fine as well. I do like some that I would call "husky" and one or two that a mother would call "he's just big boned, leave him alone!". They are all different and that's what makes this fun.

Kevin L.

Well....there's a method to my madness, so to speak. A luthier friend is making his first attempt at building a mahogany/maple solidbody. I am interested/helping with information and would like toi have him build one for me. The weights of the mahogany bodies and maple tops together are about 5.5 to 6 pounds. We are wondering whether we are in the correct ballpark for a Les Paul style guitar.