• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

TKL 8925 case

kbhag63

Question, I have a 2006 G0/R0 that came with a poor quality case, does anyone know if the TKL 8925/8825 will be a good fit? Somewhat concerned about the neck angle thing that I'm reading about. Does not TKL make the cases for Gibson? Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Ken

Soulweb

SKB 3i-4214-56 - Single Cutaway

I have this case for my 2013 R9. It's big and heavy, but not as heavy as those old Anvil plywood things. It's waterproof and good to go for luggage. Even has wheels. It has a big enough cavity to fit some folded sheet music, cable, tuner, strap, and even a few pedals if needed. It's damn near bulletproof. This is the case I decided on after about 3 months of research. It's good with the neck angle too. I think it's only a little more than the TKL.

kbhag63

SKB 3i-4214-56 - Single Cutaway

I have this case for my 2013 R9. It's big and heavy, but not as heavy as those old Anvil plywood things. It's waterproof and good to go for luggage. Even has wheels. It has a big enough cavity to fit some folded sheet music, cable, tuner, strap, and even a few pedals if needed. It's damn near bulletproof. This is the case I decided on after about 3 months of research. It's good with the neck angle too. I think it's only a little more than the TKL.

Nice piece of gear, similar to what we used to deploy with! Much bigger and bulkier than I'm looking for, only local gigs for me and I'm always the one carrying my gear.

The TLK is much more in line with my needs. Any one have this case?

Ken

AliGZero

Yes TKL is (or used to be) the OEM supplier of Gibson cases. The correct case for your G0 is the black Custom Shop case with the burgundy lining. If you can't find one of those for a good price, the "Gibson Gear" LP case (black with dark grey lining) is a good substitute. It's not quite as heavy duty as the CS case, but it's sturdy and fits the guitar supebly. As for the TKL 8825, all I can tell you is that I have a TKL 8824 which is the shallow version that fits the LP Junior and Special. It's nicely made and has two neck supports and the neck angle is exact. The 7824 is the budget version (of the shallow case) and only has one neck support. Bottom line: the Gibson-branded and TKL-branded cases are very good and they're priced comparably, so ya pays yer money...

kbhag63

Yes TKL is (or used to be) the OEM supplier of Gibson cases. The correct case for your G0 is the black Custom Shop case with the burgundy lining. If you can't find one of those for a good price, the "Gibson Gear" LP case (black with dark grey lining) is a good substitute. It's not quite as heavy duty as the CS case, but it's sturdy and fits the guitar supebly. As for the TKL 8825, all I can tell you is that I have a TKL 8824 which is the shallow version that fits the LP Junior and Special. It's nicely made and has two neck supports and the neck angle is exact. The 7824 is the budget version (of the shallow case) and only has one neck support. Bottom line: the Gibson-branded and TKL-branded cases are very good and they're priced comparably, so ya pays yer money...

Thanks for the reply! From visual observation I'm beginning to believe the following:

TKL8825 = Gibson Gear case
TKL8925 = Gibson CS case

Again, only speculation based upon visuals. I've found a source for the TKL 8925 at AValive.com http://www.avalive.com/TKL/8925-BL/205316/productDetail.php at $169.98, seems to be a great price on this case.

Ken

kbhag63

Hello everyone, update on the TKL case: I ordered one from AValive on Monday and it was delivered Wednesday by 10:00! Didn't pay for expedited shipping, just regular UPS. Case was packed well, and my R0 fits perfectly!

This TKL8925BK case has gold hardware and the deep maroon crushed velour interior. It has the body wedge/support to place the neck at the correct angle and dual neck supports, slight arched top and flat bottom. This case has a list price on the TKL site of $314.95 so the $169.00 from AValive was a GREAT deal.

Overall I'm VERY pleased with this case, the fit and purchasing from AValive was fantastic.

Ken, CT

(I would have included a pic but couldn't figure out how to upload one?)

AliGZero

Congrats, Ken. From your description, it's similar if not identical to the Custom Shop case that your G0 came in (minus the "Gibson custom" stencil).