• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is there an alternate way of identifying whether or not a Les Paul is a "plus' top or

jfjusa1

Is there an alternate way of identifying whether or not a Les Paul is a "plus' top or

otherwise? I have a 2013 LP standard with really nice flame in it - but when i purchased it, it was advertised as a "standard". Is there a way of telling without removing the pick-ups?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Re: Is there an alternate way of identifying whether or not a Les Paul is a "plus' to

Call Gibson with the serial number.

Big Al

Re: Is there an alternate way of identifying whether or not a Les Paul is a "plus' to

Most Standards I have seen (whole bunches), since 90's have had figured tops, many massively so. It's a Standard.

jfjusa1

thank you very much for the the reply's! i think I'll call Gibson or email them.