• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RARE 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom Artisan Guitar Walnut 3 Pickup

Terry

129805926_rare-gibson-les-paul-custom-artisan-guitar-walnut-3-.jpg

soulbrojcs

Les Paul Froum Member
These sometimes (unjustly) have a bad rep, as with a lot of the Norlin era instruments, but I love them. I can remember being a teenager looking at them and even getting the chance to play them when the shop owner knew there was no way in hell I could afford one at the time. Dave Davies played the hell outta' one, if I remember correctly. is it yours?

veeman

Miles Goodwynn of April Wine still plays his, had it since at least 81.

ajchance

Was just talking with a friend about three pup LPs the other day. Neither of us has ever laid a hand on one. What tones does it offer over the standard 2 pup variety?

Terry

Thanks for reading the post....... Yes, it is.....and the 3rd pick up gives more variety of sounds, you can mess with different combinations of the 3 pick ups to get different tones over the standard 2 pick up set up.

rockabilly69

Years ago ('76, '77) there used to be a band in Texas called LaDella that played the Airman's club at Sheppard Air Force Base Witchita Falls Tx, they were a great band and the lead guitarist used to play one of those Artisans. I loved that band!