• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

another noob checks in with a question

standardaviv

hello all...been lurking this forum forever. been playing gibsons for over 30 years.
lately i got this beautifull early 06 les paul standard .i am not sure its a standard though cause it sounds and feels like a vos /histotoric with and all the pickups, talpiece , bar etc are all aged . it doesn't say nothing on the plastic nut on the headstock and it came with the regular standard case. what have i got? were the 06 standard made that good those years?
once i figure out how to post a picture i will post one.
thanks guys fot any input

Last edited:

Norlight

Pictures would be a good a start! Kinda hard to tell by your description without pics.

standardaviv

well as it seems i am not allowed to post pictures but based on my description could someone help?
basicly it looks like a correct 59 standard with aged parts ...with a regular standard case.

renderit

A serial number would tell us if it is a historic. Any Made in USA stamps or anything on the headstock?

A historic from 2006 would start with a year of the historic (like 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0) the next number would be 6 if made in 2006 followed by the SN.

standardaviv

A serial number would tell us if it is a historic. Any Made in USA stamps or anything on the headstock?

A historic from 2006 would start with a year of the historic (like 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0) the next number would be 6 if made in 2006 followed by the SN.
yes there is a made in usa on the back so i guess that makes it a standard...my question basicly comes down to this...did a standard came with aged parts ??