• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1973 LP Custom on eBay

DMartini

should maybe be in the fleabay section? maybe? :hmm

tread carefully around the issue of putting guitars/sellers down as well - I get you are doing a public service, some may not see it that way however

OTOH - that's a nice looking guitar, if it has the problems you say, that's a dam shame :dang

jrfisher

After looking at the sale, I think the seller is not telling it all. He writes a book about scratches, says he has sold a lot of guitars, calls it a Fretless Wonder, but fails to mention that the frets have been changed and are no longer Fretless-Wonder Frets.

Soulweb

Agreed, witch hunt fleabay posts are frowned upon here. The problem is it's difficult to prove the accuracy of a statement. I'm not asking for proof at all (not interested in the guitar), just merely pointing out that you need to be respectful and careful when posting something negative about an auction/sale. As mentioned, I'm sure you're just trying to provide a fair warning to the members here, but it's still frowned upon in most circumstances.

If what you're saying is true, then I'm sure someone will be glad to read this post. The problem is it just can't be verified. It's not a question of integrity, more a question of ethics. Ironic? Yes, but I think that's where the gray space exists.

And yes, this probably should have been posted in a different section of the forum IMO.

Soulweb

For what it's worth I found the auction's description to be exceptionally detailed. He almost makes it sound like a pile of garbage, but I don't see it in the pictures. And with all that positive feedback I don't suspect he is trying to pull any kind of scam. Tough to get that much positive feedback if the seller has a habit of misrepresenting the items he sells.

Next...