• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1986 Studio Standard Sweet

sillytele

Just got this. All original, Tim Shaw pickups that live up to the hype. Made for just a few years but man, it is a rocking guitar.
Now I'm looking for a chainsaw case:salude

image.jpg1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DanD

I like the Studio Standard. Congrats and HNGD! :salude

Chuckie K

Congrats! Looks like it's in great shape. I really like my Studio Standard.

Nochops

Reviving an old thread simply because I just got here!

One of my main gig & recording guitars (and general playing) is my '84 Studio Standard. It's funny watching other players stare at it trying to figure out what doesn't look right. I usually have to point out the dot neck!

IMO even with the alder body, the Shaws are so good that tonally it just blows most new production models away (al least all the ones I've A/B'd it with). You really don't see too many - I guess so few changed hands over the last year that they aren't even mentioned in the 2016 Vintage Price Guide!

Fine with me. It would take LOT of money to get me to let go of mine. I think the lst book price (retail range( was $1300-1600 or so. HA! Add a zero and I might think about it.....

Humbuster

My first Les Paul was a Studio Standard in Cherry with chainsaw case.

Really miss that guitar.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
My first "real" Les Paul was an '82 Studio Custom:

82_studio_custom_shaw.jpg

Nochops

I haven't transferred all my pics to a new computer after a crash, but here's the front of the body of my '84:

411924429.jpg

HSTR

Really interesting and nice looking guitars, didn't know Gibson made all these variant's already in the 80's.
Must add though that dots on a Les Paul are just not my thing...

Texsunburst59

Cool looking guitar. I really like those Studio Standard's.

There's a guitar shop that has a Wine colored '86 SS w/ original Chainsaw case for $1100. I don't know if that's a good price or not.

cubman

Here's my 1984 Studio Custom..... Well loved..... Tim Shaw pickups...... Nice, light, great sounding Les Pauls.....
P4260024_zpsyc8yvkru.jpg

DanD

Welcome! :salude

Beautiful SC and smokin' first post! :2cool

cubman

Thanks for the nice comment.......
I wasn't sure how much interest there would be in an older thread about a relatively unknown model LP......
Here's a little more on this guitar.....
Mine has, at no additional charge, a very nice a'natural ageing job which includes
P4260023_zpsr6xpwbb5.jpg
P4260025_zpsukotuxtj.jpg
P4260031_zpsk1wxeuo4.jpg

the fine lacquer crazing.......
The Tim Shaw's are fantastic pickups.....
Thanks again.....
cubman

rgrace

Thanks for the nice comment.......
I wasn't sure how much interest there would be in an older thread about a relatively unknown model LP......
Here's a little more on this guitar.....
Mine has, at no additional charge, a very nice a'natural ageing job which includes...
the fine lacquer crazing.......
The Tim Shaw's are fantastic pickups.....
Thanks again.....
cubman

If I saw one of those on the street I would have no freakin' idea what it was! Studio CUSTOM? Amazing. Great guitars though. Really curious about their sound with those badass pickups. I bet they're awesome.