• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Real, or Fake? (Not very many pics atm)

Reno_1ted

If only the OP wrote "I have owned this guitar for the last 7 years and....... etc etc". That's all Charlie and the team means, and as often is the case, its just blown up a little. :yah

I agree the OP did get a bit of a mauling. For many / most people, dropping £1000 on a guitar is like dropping £100k on a guitar for others, so should people should still be able to get verification from a great online place like this. No harm in people just expressing their reason before hand (not that the OP knew at the time). I like the addition of the new Sticky guys.

Bonzoso, I hope you stick around and keep learning / posting. I own an '88 standard, and they are great guitars from this time IMHO.

Minibucker

Again, I truly want to thank all the people who commented, helping me out (8 people if I didn't miss anyone) Thanks for making me feel welcome. I also apologize to the 3 people who found my post troubling, I guess in the case its not the Mob that rules, but the mod. TW59 I was merely defending my thread, pissing and moaning is when you complain needlessly.. So I guess is your world, since you're the boss I could never be in the right. therefore I was(am) complaining needlessly... In my world I see 2 guys complaining about a post that 4x the amount of other people were actively contributing to (even opposing your views), in a positive and understanding manner. Thats pretty much the definition of pissing and moaning.
There are many guitar players/enthusiasts out there (and even here) who find the LPF an unattractive, uninviting, and often unpleasant place to be….you just got a taste of why. However, if you can let some of that roll off and find amusement in grown men often acting like little children, and recognize the hotbed topics (and members, for that matter) that commonly bring that out…there's a lot of friendliness, helpfulness and fascinating knowledge to be found here in between, especially when it comes to guitar history (and not just Les Pauls either). Plus, this forum thankfully also has an ignore list function, which can be a very healthy tool. I won't tell you to stick around because I'd fully understand why you wouldn't, but I won't tell you not to either, and even just lurking would provide a ton of great insight and info. So safe travels either way. :salude

Xpensive Wino

There are many guitar players/enthusiasts out there (and even here) who find the LPF an unattractive, uninviting, and often unpleasant place to be….you just got a taste of why. However, if you can let some of that roll off and find amusement in grown men often acting like little children, and recognize the hotbed topics (and members, for that matter) that commonly bring that out…there's a lot of friendliness, helpfulness and fascinating knowledge to be found here in between, especially when it comes to guitar history (and not just Les Pauls either).

Who you callin' a "grown man"? :hmm

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
No, no, no.....You see, this just isn't the way to look at it... you have to realize that if you come to a place where the average member either owns several 1959 sunburst Les Paul's, or 200-300 vintage guitars / amps... or possibly well known touring musicians that live, breathe, and eat nothing but guitars, many brilliant innovators in pickup winding, master guitar builders, premier modern amp designers/ builders, speaker designers, veteran dealers and collectors, vintage guitar history book authors, keepers of hundreds thousands of detailed items of vintage guitar trivia, specifications, measurements, and minutia you could not find anywhere else on earth, and so on... you have to realize you can't expect any normal interaction from those who spend their lives obsessing over these things to the point of notoriety. You were chastised by some of the best of the best... ...you held your own... and no one got hurt.. Just imagine everyone here has something like Aspberger's, don't take what you hear personally, and you will get along just fine... and learn a lot... ...promise.... Welcome!!

There are many guitar players/enthusiasts out there (and even here) who find the LPF an unattractive, uninviting, and often unpleasant place to be….you just got a taste of why. However, if you can let some of that roll off and find amusement in grown men often acting like little children, and recognize the hotbed topics (and members, for that matter) that commonly bring that out…there's a lot of friendliness, helpfulness and fascinating knowledge to be found here in between, especially when it comes to guitar history (and not just Les Pauls either). Plus, this forum thankfully also has an ignore list function, which can be a very healthy tool. I won't tell you to stick around because I'd fully understand why you wouldn't, but I won't tell you not to either, and even just lurking would provide a ton of great insight and info. So safe travels either way. :salude

Can we use these as endorsements on our Facebook page?:hee

T.Allen

I think we need to remember that a new member does not know, and has not yet been involved in the hot button issues. After some of the lively debates about 1/4 million dollar guitars that have been outed as fakes and some of the lowly cockroaches in the business, we tend to get cocked-n-locked, "not this shit again" because we see a post with minimal information and a questionable title in our eyes. We can come off as harsh and can chase a good guy away. We cannot expect new members to read through the stickies and nearly 15 years of threads to get it. I think we need to keep this in mind. Just my opinion.

That said, I think the mods are doing a great job at working out difficult situations.

Bonzoso

+1... You've got potential here...

No, no, no.....You see, this just isn't the way to look at it... you have to realize that if you come to a place where the average member either owns several 1959 sunburst Les Paul's, or 200-300 vintage guitars / amps... or possibly well known touring musicians that live, breathe, and eat nothing but guitars, many brilliant innovators in pickup winding, master guitar builders, premier modern amp designers/ builders, speaker designers, veteran dealers and collectors, vintage guitar history book authors, keepers of hundreds thousands of detailed items of vintage guitar trivia, specifications, measurements, and minutia you could not find anywhere else on earth, and so on... you have to realize you can't expect any normal interaction from those who spend their lives obsessing over these things to the point of notoriety. You were chastised by some of the best of the best... ...you held your own... and no one got hurt.. Just imagine everyone here has something like Aspberger's, don't take what you hear personally, and you will get along just fine... and learn a lot... ...promise.... Welcome!!

LMAO, that clears it up ;)

Doc Sausage

Ok, CD, clear him for the perimeter password and secret handshake. And after 30 days in our reeducation facility you'll be a fully accredited, card-carrying LPF member! :hee

Welcome! :hank

pinefd

I think we need to remember that a new member does not know, and has not yet been involved in the hot button issues. After some of the lively debates about 1/4 million dollar guitars that have been outed as fakes and some of the lowly cockroaches in the business, we tend to get cocked-n-locked, "not this shit again" because we see a post with minimal information and a questionable title in our eyes. We can come off as harsh and can chase a good guy away. We cannot expect new members to read through the stickies and nearly 15 years of threads to get it. I think we need to keep this in mind. Just my opinion.

That said, I think the mods are doing a great job at working out difficult situations.

Tom, this is one of many reasons I like you. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Welcome, Bonzoso! And after an initial settling in period, expect to become addicted to this place and eventually experience severe GAS pains (if that hasn't already begun).

Frank

T.Allen

AVH syndrome is a disease. We cannot help it. It cannot be overcome from shear willpower. :spabout