• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Having a Floyd on a LP ain't so bad. Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running Solo"

samhill

Having a Floyd on a LP ain't so bad. Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running Solo"

This Lifeson guitar is so much fun!!!!!

Mark

Soulweb

Re: Having a Floyd on a LP ain't so bad. Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running Solo"

Meh...does it work? Sure. But it just doesn't look right.

It just seems that most people wanting a Floyd on a guitar choose something other than a Les Paul. I don't think Floyds look good on Strats either.

J T

Re: Having a Floyd on a LP ain't so bad. Mike and The Mechanics "Silent Running Solo"

Um no. Do those whoop whoops on an Ibanez or Kramer or something.

jerns

Yeah how dare you do a dive bomb on a les paul... You are to only play blues riffs. Think inside the box.

Soulweb

Yeah how dare you do a dive bomb on a les paul... You are to only play blues riffs. Think inside the box.

Imagine that, one of the greatest guitars ever built. The most valuable examples in it's bloodline trace back to the 50's! The Les Paul has gone through many, many changes in it's long history. Almost countless in it's iterations and variances. Used virtually as long as electric guitars have been around. Found in just about every single style of music known to the human race. With standout players represented in all of those genres.

And yet some people still equate it with only being a "blues riff" guitar. Now that's being inside the box!

jerns

Imagine that, one of the greatest guitars ever built. The most valuable examples in it's bloodline trace back to the 50's! The Les Paul has gone through many, many changes in it's long history. Almost countless in it's iterations and variances. Used virtually as long as electric guitars have been around. Found in just about every single style of music known to the human race. With standout players represented in all of those genres.

And yet some people still equate it with only being a "blues riff" guitar. Now that's being inside the box!

You clearly didn't catch the sarcasm in my post, as this is exactly what I'm trying to say. The guy is catching piss for having a Floyd equipped LP and playing a solo that "should only be played on a Kramer or an Ibanez" (paraphrasing).

J T

You clearly didn't catch the sarcasm in my post, as this is exactly what I'm trying to say. The guy is catching piss for having a Floyd equipped LP and playing a solo that "should only be played on a Kramer or an Ibanez" (paraphrasing).

No piss there.

You know come to think of it, I don't really give a toot.

Don't matter to me what the hell you do with your guitar. You want to put huge routes in your guitar that's your business. You want to drill holes in the neck, go ahead that is entirely your choice. If you like it that way fine. While you're at it go cut the body with a jigsaw and put some pointy ends on it too for all I care. Have fun.

jerns

No piss there.

Don't matter to me what the hell you do with your guitar. You want to put huge routes in your guitar that's your business. You want to drill holes in the neck, go ahead that is entirely your choice. If you like it that way fine. While you're at it go cut the body with a jigsaw and put some pointy ends on it too for all I care. Have fun.

:ganz It's a Les Paul Axcess. It comes from the Gibson custom shop with a Floyd.

J T

Exactly

moonweasel

Um no. Do those whoop whoops on an Ibanez or Kramer or something.

No piss there.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Then why did you post at all? You did a 180 within two posts from being pissed off, to being Zen. I say go with the Zen. :)

---

jerns, your sarcasm and post were spot on man. :dude:

moonweasel

Soul,

He was just sarcastically being petty.

J T

Then why did you post at all? You did a 180 within two posts from being pissed off, to being Zen. I say go with the Zen. :)

Ya you're right. Thanks

Just shows an LP can really that really well too.

renderit

GET OFF MY LAWN!!! What's the discussion about? Oh yeah, two guys named Les and Floyd walk into a bar...

Soulweb

Soul,

He was just sarcastically being petty.

I get it now. Hard to have that sort of inflection when you're only reading the words. lol No harm done. Still a fun if not strange read for a thread.

jerns

picard-facepalm2.jpg

---

jerns, your sarcasm and post were spot on man. :dude:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.. :yah

djangolad

And what else do you think Soulweb was saying??

latestarter

Great clip, great sounds!

Soulweb

Umm...nothing? I thought it was pretty straightforward. No underlying intentions or insinuations there. I'm not that good! :)

jerns

Umm...nothing? I thought it was pretty straightforward. No underlying intentions or insinuations there. I'm not that good! :)

Yeah not sure if that question was directed at me or what? But I don't understand the context either way...

If there was sarcasm I couldn't hear it over the buzz of my router digging a cavity out of my Les Paul to fit an Ibanez floating trem.