• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bigsby with Min-e tune!!!

bruce1955

Greetings, New here. Have had bad experiences with other forums (Seymour Duncan) But anyway a simple question. Has anyone added a Bigsby to their LP that has the Min-e Tune installed? If so what are the pros and cons. Advantages, disadvantages.... etc.... I have a 60`s Tribute and want to add the Bigsby. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!!! Bruce

duaneflowers

I realize I'm in the minority, but I like the min-etune system (7 or 8 of them at present). I have 2 Epis (BB3 and 60s T+) with both Bigsby and Min-etune installed and I have no issues at all with either of them. I use the Bigsby pretty sparingly and they both stay in tune just as readily as the non-Bigsby ones. I have a roller bridge on one and stock bridge on the other (both nut oiled) and find no real difference at all between them.

The pros and cons are pretty much the standard Bigsby pros and cons...

On the pro side, Bigsbys look damn cool on the right guitar. The ability to bend down. Bigsbys look damn cool on the right guitar.

On the con side, Bigsbys are heavy and it makes an already heavy guitar that much heavier.

Not sure if I mentioned that Bigsbys look damn cool on the right guitar and the only real difference is if you do dive bomb it out of tune you're just a few buttons away from being back in tune. :yah

Texas Blues

Neil didn't need no stinkin' robot tuner.

Pro's and con's?

It doesn't always work.

The Bigsby has been working for what? 70 years or there about?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c93-UdPz1BI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JDUB

I realize I'm in the minority, but I like the min-etune system (7 or 8 of them at present). .. and the only real difference is if you do dive bomb it out of tune you're just a few buttons away from being back in tune. :yah

I like 'em too. I gig in saloons most of the time and they are not venues conducive to tuning by ear and my old eyes don't focus on snarks or floor pedals so well. Both of mine do a great job of refreshing standard tuning and get me to open G and double drop D a couple or three times a night and right back. I think I've done just over a hundred gigs with them, no failures, no issues. Hope this isn't one of those places where saying that gets one in trouble.

duaneflowers

I like 'em too. I gig in saloons most of the time and they are not venues conducive to tuning by ear and my old eyes don't focus on snarks or floor pedals so well. Both of mine do a great job of refreshing standard tuning and get me to open G and double drop D a couple or three times a night and right back. I think I've done just over a hundred gigs with them, no failures, no issues. Hope this isn't one of those places where saying that gets one in trouble.

I've never had any issues here either... and the main thing is that it does a faster and more accurate job of tuning than I do... especially in a noisy, high pressure, overly excited environment where things are not always what they appear to be... :spabout