• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Damon Johnson...killer guitar player(Alice Cooper, Brother Cane, Black Star Riders)!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Yesterday, while the ATC and I were at Gibson's Custom Shop, I had the pleasure of meeting Damon Johnson of Alice Cooper, Brother Cane and Thin Lizzy fame. The guy was the nicest guy in the world! He was really excited because his latest project with Black Star Riders had their new CD dropping yesterday. For those of you who are not familiar with that band, you really owe it to yourself to check them out. It's his band with Scott Gorman(ex-Thin Lizzy original guitarist). It sounds alot like Thin Lizzy but significantly different enough to be really cool. I've been listening to the new CD "The Killer Instinct" non-stop this morning. Check it out.....killer twin leads!:yah GREAT Gibson tones abound!:applaude

Damon%20Johnson-X2.jpg

Elhorch

Back in 1994 I went to see Motley Crue at the El Paso County Coliseum, I had heard about the band that was opening the show - Brother Cane - but didn't expect much...

In the end, Brother Cane blew the roof of from the colisseum! and they blew the headliner off the stage!

If I remember correctly, Damon was playing a wine red standard on that day, with a blue bandana on his head.

So cool you got to meet him!

gtrjoe442

Damon was probably there to get his #1 '95 honey burst Les Paul fixed:
10940407_10153063543994936_3802034952789292189_n.jpg

On his facebook page he posted it happened on a gatecheck on a flight. Too bad....I'm sure Gibson will make it new.

I have to agree Black Star Riders have renewed my faith in classic rock. Their albums are well written lyrically & have great song structure. I highly recommend them for purchase.

I've done 5 lessons on their songs (soon to be 6 - I have The Killer Instinct ready for filming)

Here is their first single off the new disk (I had fun posting this lesson a day before the album was released)

My Best ~ Joe :2cool