• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Billy Gibbons on Limbaugh...

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
That's HERON. It's on the City of Algona seal. Before the lot behind my house was developed it was a big marsh, & these huge blue birds would come in to eat their fill of bullfrogs & mudpuppies.

heinz

Sonic Engineer
adrenaline junkie said:
Saying he's Racist, is just plain Ignorant. It's quite apparant you have never listened, but are just spewing the regular Leftist hate Lines.

Hey thanks I was just expressing my opinion, if your opinion is that I'm ignorant then I would submit that you don't know anything about me, or who I am. But you're also entitled to your opinion.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Heinz-
My opinion of his opinion of your opinion is just my opinion, IMO.

Bobby Lee

Southern Sage
RL is a radical mouthpiece. Spews to incite, his views never could be practical to implement. He is about like a Jackson or Sharpton.

Howard Stearn is sick, and he gets big bucks to fuck with people. Its amazing. I can laugh with and at that cat, but don't make it a point to search for him on radio or tv.

Ed Rafalko

Les Paul Forum Member
See Heinz' avatar?

... if you hear loud clanking noises getting closer, I'd run if I were you.;)

Rush Schmush. He's an entertainer, plain and simple.

sixty2strat

not surprised I bet there are a lot more republicans in rock than you think....remember how BB king was fawning over lee atwater.

As an extreme example one of the guys from canned heat joined the KKK.

Rush , is he a real republican? .....he is a radio host who needed ratings so made a career out of being a conservitive

nicholas

Prince of Darkburst
I'm reading Rush's book The way things ought to be right now. Its HILARIOUS ! Man if I was a liberal I'd be pissing venom :)spin Kinda hard to argue his facts, and thats what I think incites the liberal left so much.

steelknuckle

Rush Limbaugh is either deaf or going deaf isn't he? How could he enjoy Gibbons now?

Pearly Grapes

RL is an Entertainer

Keep in mind, first & foremost, Limbaugh is an ENTERTAINER!!
He does most of what he does to get people to listen. Hardly any different that the stupid morning TV talk shows designed to inflame & titilate.

heinz

Sonic Engineer
yeah I guess my reaction to him is a bit extreme, I have a father-in-law who is like Rush on acid.

Most people are smart enough to take him for (what you guys are saying) an "entertainer". I just get angry listening to him (yes I have actually listened to his show, I don't pass judgement on matters I do not have personal experience with). Listening to him vomit opinions on American Indians, nicotine and addiction, deforestation, and other inane concepts reminds me that people actually take him seriously and believe that crap. I get pissed at disinformation, if that's entertainment to other people then great for them.

BIGMAN714

heinz said:
yeah I guess my reaction to him is a bit extreme, I have a father-in-law who is like Rush on acid.

Most people are smart enough to take him for (what you guys are saying) an "entertainer". I just get angry listening to him (yes I have actually listened to his show, I don't pass judgement on matters I do not have personal experience with). Listening to him vomit opinions on American Indians, nicotine and addiction, deforestation, and other inane concepts reminds me that people actually take him seriously and believe that crap. I get pissed at disinformation, if that's entertainment to other people then great for them.

I don't think it's really a matter of disinformation from the right or the left in most cases, just difference of opinion. For instance, on the issue of global warming I for one would not give up one iota of freedom to possibly save mother nature. First of all the science involved is akin to forecasting the weather with a longer time scale and a much less accurate overall picture of causation of temperature increase, if indeed it is really occuring or if it is even linked to human activity. Second, if there is a substantial impact upon global tempuratures, there is a natural system of checks and balances that will prevent mankind from destroying nature, too much environmental impact, nature bites back. Even if it were possible to do something, putting that much power over our lives in the hands of government is a recipe for disaster, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly. Now has anything I have said been empirically provable as disinformation? Or opinion?

Ronny

So Billy Gibbons is actually the guitar player on all Jackson Browne recordings and Rush is playing the remastered clips on his tree hugging, liberal loving Rock and Roll Minstrel Hour Texas Blues radio show? That's Entertainment?!?!?

Well at least David Lindley IS a badass player with awesome tone.

ToXiK

LPF Recording Artist
I am sooo far right many think I am WRONG!

Geez, I like Dr. Laura as well:dude :tri :uzi :yah

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Is saw Rush one time in the early eighties. I think it was the Moving Pictures tour. But I wasn't on acid. And I didn't realize that David Lindley played guitar for them! I always thought it was that Canadian guy that nobody knows exactly how to pronounce his name. Jackson Browne live IS killer, though. Fandango! is one of my all time favorite albums.

Last edited:

bjm007

Interesting thread guys...

I'm tempted to really throw my 2 cents in here, this is very entertaining. But in the end, politics has become a bunch of banal drivel... I think we should all play more and enjoy every moment of life, because it could all be gone tomorrow.

I have really strong political opinions, but I think you get more done in "stealth mode" when it comes to politics... It's kind of like religion - everyone is entitled to internalize it in their own way - and that's usually better kept a private thing, unless you really live to spread your own gospel.

You either choose to be an activist (on either side of the political spectrum) or you just keep your adgenda to yourself, and make it a guerilla war... I think that's better

When you "organize" something (religion, politics, etc), things begin to corrupt - on both sides of the isle...;)

dylumph

So Rush is going deaf? Must've been those Hiwatts during the Exit-stage left tour!

OneL

Rush had corrective surgery for his hearing with experimental implants earlier in the year. His tagline now is the 'bionic' talk show host. Before the surgery it was quite apparent his hearing was gone due to his voice changing drastically because he couldn't hear himself.

natchezian2

ZZ Tribute

GCWaters said:
They didn't play the teasers, just an old section of "sharp dressed man"...

Has anyone heard that Country Music tribube to ZZ Top? I heard a version of Sharp Dressed Man last night but I group I didn't know but Billy Gibbons and the bass player (sorry i forgot his name) were in the video. It was a great version with some really nice country picking in it. :dude