• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What year is this LP Custom?

DANELECTRO

67LesPaulCustom2_zps70ba2a43.jpg

Shouldn't each color of the multi-ply binding be full depth? It appears that this guitar has a 1-piece (yellowed) white binding and the black plys are either silkscreened or a decal. :hmm The open-book headstock profile doesn't appear to be correct either.

Here are a few images borrowed from Gbase for comparison:

p5_ugqmtscwo_so.jpg

p3_u3s3x5htp_so.jpg

p5_ue2nizlfo_so.jpg

p5_ur54plosg_so.jpg

CutieJones

Sold for $2413. Someone got well and truly reamed in the you know what. Hope nobody here was dumb enough to buy it.

BadMotorScooter

That is why we have a place like this to ask questions and learn. I don't know what I would do without this place. Cheers!

LAARS

Makes it so you can't buy a used guitar anymore without taking the damn thing apart and looking at everything.

1955Junior

It appears that this pawn shop was trying to pull a fast one with the vague description of the guitar - and bidders apparently fell for it. It is a shame that someone got taken - but the winning bidder had zero feedback, and I wonder if the sale will be completed.

Apparently 150 negative feedbacks was not a deterrent.