• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1987 Les Paul sunburst Studio Standard

Thin_Lizzy

I love it!!! What were the colors available?
I usually keep myself away from anything that's close to clownburst but this one has a warmer peachy tint and the combination of details (yeah those dots makes me crazy) and specs makes her so unique! Was it honeyburst or teaburst I'd die of envy. Needed to get that out of my chest. :D
Any chance you could share some sound samples?

My brother used to have (20 yrs ago) a Tobacco Sunburst Studio Standard.
Myself I used to have an '87 Studio Standard in Vintage Sunburst (a bit lighter than the tobacco). It reads VSB in pickup cavity.
Incredible guitars with fine necks.

Here mine:
mrt08022_zps0ab8398e.jpg

Phoenix Firebird

My brother used to have (20 yrs ago) a Tobacco Sunburst Studio Standard.
Myself I used to have an '87 Studio Standard in Vintage Sunburst (a bit lighter than the tobacco). It reads VSB in pickup cavity.
Incredible guitars with fine necks.

Here mine:
Very nice:dude:

Phoenix Firebird

I love it!!! What were the colors available?
I usually keep myself away from anything that's close to clownburst but this one has a warmer peachy tint and the combination of details (yeah those dots makes me crazy) and specs makes her so unique! Was it honeyburst or teaburst I'd die of envy. Needed to get that out of my chest. :D
Any chance you could share some sound samples?
I have only seen black, Tobacco SB, and the cherry burst like mine but I'm sure there were a few other colors available. I have not seen any with an ebony board though

PGH

Wow, beautiful guitar. Are you sure that is a studio standard, rather than a studio custom? Didn't know if the chainsaw case came only with the custom? Either way, great guitar.