• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

* Real-Deal 1961 SG/LP -- A Boy and His Thirty Year Guitar Saga (80's Content)

sgt_steiner

Yep. This was the ticket. DeArmond R15T has me over the moon. Ridiculous tone. Destroys any late '50's Fender Tweed Deluxe I've ever heard. Absolutely no contest.

SG%20DeArmond_zps7kvy0ihi.png

BluesForDan

All Access/Backstage Pass
I missed the saga at its first telling but enjoyed reading it today. If I had but 100 more dollars when i was searching for my first guitar, I could have had a very similar first guitar. Best I can figure it was a '68 or earlier, based on how old the guy said the guitar was and when I was shopping ('71/'72) In my 13 year old mind, 100 dollars was as much as a million dollars and I couldn't afford that pretty cherry SG.

I've got SG GAS really bad right now. I'd settle for a good sounding regular production at this point.

sgt_steiner

Okay, last shot of the '61 with my DeArmond R15T, I promise. Simply can't resist the eye candy factor :)

SG%20Dearmond%20Pic_zpsinemytdd.jpg

corpse

Never had an SG with the vibrato TP. How do you string it?

GuitarMikey

Looks like you purchased that amp from John S. Great guy and he has some great gear! Enjoy :salude

Kris Ford

No problem SGT :).

Not sure if I ever told you this but looking back at the guitar in your original post (not the new one, the guitar you got back in the 80's) it was actually a 63. Tell tale signs are the additional screw in the pick guard next to the bridge PAF and six digit serial number in 133xxx range. Both the six digit serial numbers and the addition of the 6th pick guard screw started in 63. Also, love the Maiden shirt :peace2

Not to mention the Lyre shadow...:jim