• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone here purchase the new Les Paul Recording II

oldgaffer

Here's mine, bought new in '78 and immediately modded at Gibson authorized repair dealer with third pickup. The factory wiring was replaced by stuff I understood; a five-way "Strat" switch and single volume and tone control. I still have it, but it's too heavy for me to play anymore, now that I'm in my 60's...still sounds like god when I bring it out, though.

LPRecording_zpsxeihkxj9.jpg

Grog

Way cool!! :dude::dude: Has to be one of a kind. Some of the heaviest guitars I've ever played came from that time frame. I think Dave Gould might have contacted me about this guitar about a year ago. Did you ever contact him about your guitar? If not, there might be one more.....................

oldgaffer

I don't know Dave Gould (or at least, I don't know that I know him, unless he has a sister Debbie that I went to school with, and in any event, I don't know that he knows I have this), so there may indeed be one more. And yeah, this guitar weighs over 12 lbs...

Way cool!! :dude::dude: Has to be one of a kind. Some of the heaviest guitars I've ever played came from that time frame. I think Dave Gould might have contacted me about this guitar about a year ago. Did you ever contact him about your guitar? If not, there might be one more.....................

Big Al

Here's mine, bought new in '78 and immediately modded at Gibson authorized repair dealer with third pickup. The factory wiring was replaced by stuff I understood; a five-way "Strat" switch and single volume and tone control. I still have it, but it's too heavy for me to play anymore, now that I'm in my 60's...still sounds like god when I bring it out, though.

LPRecording_zpsxeihkxj9.jpg

I'm in my 60's too. That would be what I call a sittin' guitar.

Grog

I don't know what's going on with Dave's web page, but he contacted me a week ago on the Gibson Forum about this guitar. Oldgaffer is trying to join that forum to tell his story about his guitar & for some reason, the Moderator hasn't responded to him.

Recess

Post removed - violation of LPF Rules.

Last edited by a moderator: