• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2013 Gibson Les Paul Junior LPJ

jcm900rocks

Hi all had a search and could not find much on the subject.

I've been looking for a backup to my trusty 1998 Les Paul Custom, now there is no way I can justify the cost of any top shelf Gibson as a second guitar. Our local guitar store has these 2013 Gibson Les Paul Juniors with LPJ on the truss rod cover, in a kind of matte gold top with a dark brown back in a hand rubbed format and what appear to be a rosewood fret board. The feel and sound to me is of a full on Les Paul without the trimmings at a price £669.00. Has anyone used these guitars to gig with and any comments on how the finish stands up to regular use would be appreciated.
Thanks Matt

thin sissy

Did you buy this guitar? From what you describe, it sounds like it would look very good!

Big Al

I'm not sure those are Jrs. It sounds like an entry level Studio model I checked out. The one I tried had a satin Brown finish and solid black covered humbuckers like emg's look. all black hardware and carved maple top on a mahogany body. I can't remember what wood was in the neck.

It was just a bitchin' cool little Les Paul for such little cash. Would make an awesome platform for modding and, personally , the old hippy in me liked the earthy vibe.

grimlyflick

If you can raise another £500 Signature T prices are dropping to £1199 as they're being discontinued.

:salude

Ps. I've tried to email regarding a LP you may be interested in but your email doesn't work. PM me if you're interested. :)

Last edited:

P-Nutz

I just bought a goldtop out the door for $465 American. It is NOT a Junior, but more of a Studio, with a carved maple top, mahogany body (w/"traditional" weight relief) and MAPLE neck with a rosewood fretboard; no binding.

Black plastic-covered 490R & 498T pickups, chrome tuners with black tulips, black strap buttons and a dark mahogany back. NO Les Paul on the headstock, and "LPJ" on the truss rod cover.

Pretty KA for an American-made guitar. The ONLY thing I did out of the box was lower the action a bit; everything else was dead on. Some will definitely not like the "rubbed" finish on top; kinda bumpy and "rough" feeling, but to me, it's just a guitar to be played.

Peace.

zombiwoof

I just bought a goldtop out the door for $465 American. It is NOT a Junior, but more of a Studio, with a carved maple top, mahogany body (w/"traditional" weight relief) and MAPLE neck with a rosewood fretboard; no binding.

Black plastic-covered 490R & 498T pickups, chrome tuners with black tulips, black strap buttons and a dark mahogany back. NO Les Paul on the headstock, and "LPJ" on the truss rod cover.

Pretty KA for an American-made guitar. The ONLY thing I did out of the box was lower the action a bit; everything else was dead on. Some will definitely not like the "rubbed" finish on top; kinda bumpy and "rough" feeling, but to me, it's just a guitar to be played.

Peace.

And they have a 50's rounded neck profile, one of the few recent Gibsons to have a nice fatter rounded neck (I do not like the slim taper that seems to be so prevalent in the Gibson line these days). I just saw that one big online music store here in the States is blowing these out for around $500. Don't remember which one (maybe AMS?).

Al