The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

2013 Gibson Les Paul Junior LPJ

Hi all had a search and could not find much on the subject.

I've been looking for a backup to my trusty 1998 Les Paul Custom, now there is no way I can justify the cost of any top shelf Gibson as a second guitar. Our local guitar store has these 2013 Gibson Les Paul Juniors with LPJ on the truss rod cover, in a kind of matte gold top with a dark brown back in a hand rubbed format and what appear to be a rosewood fret board. The feel and sound to me is of a full on Les Paul without the trimmings at a price 669.00. Has anyone used these guitars to gig with and any comments on how the finish stands up to regular use would be appreciated.
    Thanks Matt

Re: 2013 Gibson Les Paul Junior LPJ

Congrats ! ?
    Pics ?
    "Remember"

Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar

Did you buy this guitar? From what you describe, it sounds like it would look very good!
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

In the Zone/Backstage Pass Big Al's Avatar

I'm not sure those are Jrs. It sounds like an entry level Studio model I checked out. The one I tried had a satin Brown finish and solid black covered humbuckers like emg's look. all black hardware and carved maple top on a mahogany body. I can't remember what wood was in the neck.

It was just a bitchin' cool little Les Paul for such little cash. Would make an awesome platform for modding and, personally , the old hippy in me liked the earthy vibe.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

If you can raise another 500 Signature T prices are dropping to 1199 as they're being discontinued.

Ps. I've tried to email regarding a LP you may be interested in but your email doesn't work. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by grimlyflick; 11-10-13 at 03:36 AM.
    2013 Signature T
    2004 Les Paul Classic
    Custom Tele
    Norman B18 Cedar
    2008 Ampeg Dan Armstrong "Plexi"

Vox AC15

Boss TU2, MXR Dyna Comp, Rockett Archer, TC Flashback Delay, TC Spark Boost Mini, Lovepedal Pickle Vibe.

I just bought a goldtop out the door for $465 American. It is NOT a Junior, but more of a Studio, with a carved maple top, mahogany body (w/"traditional" weight relief) and MAPLE neck with a rosewood fretboard; no binding.

Black plastic-covered 490R & 498T pickups, chrome tuners with black tulips, black strap buttons and a dark mahogany back. NO Les Paul on the headstock, and "LPJ" on the truss rod cover.

Pretty KA for an American-made guitar. The ONLY thing I did out of the box was lower the action a bit; everything else was dead on. Some will definitely not like the "rubbed" finish on top; kinda bumpy and "rough" feeling, but to me, it's just a guitar to be played.

Peace.
    "Look over there; a dry ice factory! Good place to get some thinking done!

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by P-Nutz View Post
    I just bought a goldtop out the door for $465 American. It is NOT a Junior, but more of a Studio, with a carved maple top, mahogany body (w/"traditional" weight relief) and MAPLE neck with a rosewood fretboard; no binding.

Black plastic-covered 490R & 498T pickups, chrome tuners with black tulips, black strap buttons and a dark mahogany back. NO Les Paul on the headstock, and "LPJ" on the truss rod cover.

Pretty KA for an American-made guitar. The ONLY thing I did out of the box was lower the action a bit; everything else was dead on. Some will definitely not like the "rubbed" finish on top; kinda bumpy and "rough" feeling, but to me, it's just a guitar to be played.

Peace.
    And they have a 50's rounded neck profile, one of the few recent Gibsons to have a nice fatter rounded neck (I do not like the slim taper that seems to be so prevalent in the Gibson line these days). I just saw that one big online music store here in the States is blowing these out for around $500. Don't remember which one (maybe AMS?).

Al