The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

2013 Gibson Les Paul Junior LPJ

Hi all had a search and could not find much on the subject.

I've been looking for a backup to my trusty 1998 Les Paul Custom, now there is no way I can justify the cost of any top shelf Gibson as a second guitar. Our local guitar store has these 2013 Gibson Les Paul Juniors with LPJ on the truss rod cover, in a kind of matte gold top with a dark brown back in a hand rubbed format and what appear to be a rosewood fret board. The feel and sound to me is of a full on Les Paul without the trimmings at a price 669.00. Has anyone used these guitars to gig with and any comments on how the finish stands up to regular use would be appreciated.
    Thanks Matt

Re: 2013 Gibson Les Paul Junior LPJ

Congrats ! ?
    Pics ?
    "Remember"

Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar

Did you buy this guitar? From what you describe, it sounds like it would look very good!
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

In the Zone/Backstage Pass Big Al's Avatar

I'm not sure those are Jrs. It sounds like an entry level Studio model I checked out. The one I tried had a satin Brown finish and solid black covered humbuckers like emg's look. all black hardware and carved maple top on a mahogany body. I can't remember what wood was in the neck.

It was just a bitchin' cool little Les Paul for such little cash. Would make an awesome platform for modding and, personally , the old hippy in me liked the earthy vibe.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

If you can raise another 500 Signature T prices are dropping to 1199 as they're being discontinued.

Ps. I've tried to email regarding a LP you may be interested in but your email doesn't work. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by grimlyflick; 11-10-13 at 03:36 AM.
    2013 Signature T
    2004 Les Paul Classic
    Norman B18 Cedar

Vox AC15
    Marshall Class 5

Boss TU2, MXR Dyna Comp, Lovepedal Kalamazoo, TC Flashback Delay, TC Spark Boost Mini, Lovepedal Pickle Vibe.

I just bought a goldtop out the door for $465 American. It is NOT a Junior, but more of a Studio, with a carved maple top, mahogany body (w/"traditional" weight relief) and MAPLE neck with a rosewood fretboard; no binding.

Black plastic-covered 490R & 498T pickups, chrome tuners with black tulips, black strap buttons and a dark mahogany back. NO Les Paul on the headstock, and "LPJ" on the truss rod cover.

Pretty KA for an American-made guitar. The ONLY thing I did out of the box was lower the action a bit; everything else was dead on. Some will definitely not like the "rubbed" finish on top; kinda bumpy and "rough" feeling, but to me, it's just a guitar to be played.

Peace.
    "Look over there; a dry ice factory! Good place to get some thinking done!

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by P-Nutz View Post
    I just bought a goldtop out the door for $465 American. It is NOT a Junior, but more of a Studio, with a carved maple top, mahogany body (w/"traditional" weight relief) and MAPLE neck with a rosewood fretboard; no binding.

Black plastic-covered 490R & 498T pickups, chrome tuners with black tulips, black strap buttons and a dark mahogany back. NO Les Paul on the headstock, and "LPJ" on the truss rod cover.

Pretty KA for an American-made guitar. The ONLY thing I did out of the box was lower the action a bit; everything else was dead on. Some will definitely not like the "rubbed" finish on top; kinda bumpy and "rough" feeling, but to me, it's just a guitar to be played.

Peace.
    And they have a 50's rounded neck profile, one of the few recent Gibsons to have a nice fatter rounded neck (I do not like the slim taper that seems to be so prevalent in the Gibson line these days). I just saw that one big online music store here in the States is blowing these out for around $500. Don't remember which one (maybe AMS?).

Al