• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New 2013 Memphis '59 ES-335 TDN VOS Blonde

DoubleBoogie

Just now seeing this... Congrats sinner!! :dude: I have a blonde one too that I got from Wildwood and I love that thing. I also have a Memphis sundurst 335 that is from 2012 and was a lot less money but is also an outstanding guitar and is dimensionally the virtual duplicate of my blonde 2103. I am really wondering if Gibson made a few in 2012 with the new features as a test to see how they would turn out before turning up the price on them. My 2007 Nashville Historic is just like yours. A biggier thicker guitar. I too have also been jonesing for some Cherry too. Those 63's look really nice but I have also been thinking about a 330 too....Decisions decisions... :spabout

matt15

The Gibson Memphis site clearly states hide glue for the neck pocket of the 50th Ann 63 335 on the specs tab, I've just checked again now and it's there in black and white.

sinner

The Gibson Memphis site clearly states hide glue for the neck pocket of the 50th Ann 63 335 on the specs tab, I've just checked again now and it's there in black and white.

Yeah, I meant no hide glue for the internal bottom and top supports (like on the Memphis '59), only the neck pocket--but it's a great start!

sinner

Just now seeing this... Congrats sinner!! :dude: I have a blonde one too that I got from Wildwood and I love that thing. I also have a Memphis sundurst 335 that is from 2012 and was a lot less money but is also an outstanding guitar and is dimensionally the virtual duplicate of my blonde 2103. I am really wondering if Gibson made a few in 2012 with the new features as a test to see how they would turn out before turning up the price on them. My 2007 Nashville Historic is just like yours. A biggier thicker guitar. I too have also been jonesing for some Cherry too. Those 63's look really nice but I have also been thinking about a 330 too....Decisions decisions... :spabout

Thanks DB, and congrats to you, too, for your Memphis '59. I think these are very special guitars. The hide glue neck and hide glue internal body construction using red spruce supports really make these guitars feel alive.

Uncle Gary

I really wanted to wait and see if Memphis will do an Ebony '63 and possibly have the '59 specs but couldn't wait and just bought me a '63 Cherry 50th Anniversay--should be here tomorrow!

normal_gibson%20335%20cherry%20in%20case.jpg

Weight: 7.76 lbs
Top Wood: Maple
Back & Sides Wood: Maple
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Shape: 1960 slim-taper
Neck Dimensions: .830 1st - 1.010 12th

I digging the 7.76 pound weight of this, and glad to grab one with a tad bigger neck of .830. I've seen them from .790 to maybe .840 the largest and all under 8 pounds, so pretty happy with the specs (as far as specs go, each guitar is different and specs don't always mean a good one--but we can try!)

(I can always add an Ebony Block Neck if they do one at a later time, maybe 2014?). BTW, there is a Nashville Block Neck in Ebony but I really am liking the Memphis built guitars.

Dang, will you guys quit teasing me with pictures of those '63 anniversary 335s! I already have a killer '09 '59 Memphis reissue in cherry red and a pretty sweet ES-355 mono, but those '63s are just too nice. Unfortunately, since the band broke up last month, I can't rationalize the purchase of another 335 (or any other guitar).

bluesjuke

Had to come back and take a second look at these two beauties.
I bet you've spent a lot of hours playing over the past month plus.

The description you give between the two of them is similar how I would describe the differences between my two '59 Historics.

sinner

Yes, indeed--thanks Bluesjuke! I stayed home on Thanksgiving just to play guitar and the amps! Had my looper going all day and jamming along, great thanksgiving fun--and I felt so overwhelmed with thanks I will try to keep this feeling going all year!

bluesjuke

I'm still mighty grateful for mine and the '03 in particular I consider the best guitar I've ever played let alone owned.

It's nice to think "perfect!" every time I pick it up.
May yours always thrill you like that.

Last edited:

Solland

Great guitar! I just got my own today, and can't wait to test it through my 1965 Super Reverb :teeth .

Mine didn't come with a COA though, did yours?

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
Mine 2013 blonde "59 ES 335 has the COA, but little other case candy. No strap, no cable any more. There was a Gibson polishing cloth with mine but FAIK the dealer may have thrown that in.

Reverend David

Jeez - don't know how I missed this thread but man are those stunning guitars! I should never have looked though.. there goes a chunk of my 401k. Gotta quit hanging out here.. :rolleyes

:rofl :## :peace2

Solland

let me guess, Guitar Center?

No, I'm in Norway, and bought it from a local dealer who got it from the Scandinavian distributer. My local dealer is on the case, and will not rest until they've received the COA.

sharky

No, I'm in Norway, and bought it from a local dealer who got it from the Scandinavian distributer. My local dealer is on the case, and will not rest until they've received the COA.

fine, but good luck for this. I hope it surfaces

Pellman73

bumping this-

Sinner you still digging yours?

I"m jonesing for one and I'm curious about the newere MHS pickups

there is one on reverb with a really crazy blistery top that I"m particularly interested in... its a 2013 I'd guess there are burstbuckers in it too...