• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do You Guys Like the Les Paul Classic?

J T

Grippy knobs too.

"...It's all about looks"

Edward

Love mine, has been tinkered with quite a lot though.

a3cb3817.jpg

:salude

I love this top! :dude:

Edward

DonRowe

I love my classic "2000" it has SD Ants in her and she has a great voice ! The neck is thinner than all my other Gibsons , but if you play Fenders. acoustics and other brand electrics all the necks will be different ! Only things I dislike are Inlays and the color of mine (Cinnaburst) ! These are correctable LOL I have had her for 13 years so she isn't going anywhere :)

rbig80

Does anyone know what years that the necks got a little thicker. I know of a 2006 Classic with a neck that I really like. I wish I could try one before I buy, but I will probably just be able to get one through ebay.

kips2

Does anyone know what years that the necks got a little thicker. I know of a 2006 Classic with a neck that I really like. I wish I could try one before I buy, but I will probably just be able to get one through ebay.

A few years back I tested a copper top Classic from 2003 (I think?) that had a neck that was significantly thicker than all earlier Classics that I've ever played. Pity, because I like slim necks and *love* that copper....!

DanD

All of the early models from '90 to '96 that I've laid hands on have been in the .750 - .790 range. They were all really thin.

emg32

Absolutely love my '99 Classic. Even love the stock pickups in my Classic. They just fit the guitar perfectly. Have never considered swapping them. Big, fat, punchy, huge sounding, sustain filled tone for days. I've played other Classics but have never found one that I like even close to as much.

Even with my R8 and R9 my Classic holds it's own and gets just as much playing time. It's a keeper forever. Just sounds to damn good.

myGibson99Classic2.jpg

dcdefend

2 Les Paul Classics & A Pre-Historic

Here are my two Classics:

The first is 3-2846. The pickups have been replaced with 57 Classics and the knobs & turners with 60 style ones. Has Les Paul Classic on the headstock, so a late 1993 model.
IMG_1634.jpg
[/url]
screen capture freeware[/IMG]

A closeup of the body:
IMG_1635.jpg
[/url]
free upload image[/IMG]

dcdefend

Les Paul Classic?

The second is also a 1993, but it began life as a Classic Premium, during manufacture was changed to a Classic Premium Plus, 3-1446. It has been to Historic Makeovers and had the pickups changed to 57 Classics, knobs and tuners changed to 60s style. Les Paul Model on headstock.

picture host

A closeup of the body:
IMG_1633.jpg
[/url]
screen capture[/IMG]

dcdefend

Not A Les Paul Classic

Looking at this guitar and its serial #, 3-1269, you would think Les Paul Classic, but it's not. It's a 1993 pre-Historic. Pickups changed to WCR Fillmores, knobs and tuners changed to 60s style.

I like the thin necks on all three of these guitars. I have a 59 Historic; however, the 1993 pre-Historic remains my favorite.
IMG_1636.jpg
[/url]
image sharing sites[/IMG]

A closeup of the body.
IMG_1637.jpg
[/url]
free upload[/IMG]