• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

Pickdropper

I'd be curious to hear what this one sounds like... Gretsch meets tele?

It's definitely a bit of a departure from a standard tele, but I really dig the filtertron pickups. I think I want another one like it, but with a Bigsby.

It's a Cabronita, which is a fairly standard configuration (Fender makes a stock model). It shouldn't be too difficult to find some good quality sound clips of one.

shred

Great guitars guys :dude:

I love checking out all the diverse axes you guys play --not only the LP's. Thanks for posting them.

Getting back to LP's, I feel compelled to repost this one.

This is the first LP I really got to know. It's owned by a friend of mine who's a lurker on the forum. It's a heavily gigged, 1970 GT Deluxe that was refinned black, has EMG's, Schallers and acquired a headstock repair on the road.

It's one killer LP :yah

imagejpg2_zps1bb5a3ec.jpg

imagejpg3_zps2da80682.jpg

imagejpg1_zps1a1833d8.jpg

jerns

It's definitely a bit of a departure from a standard tele, but I really dig the filtertron pickups. I think I want another one like it, but with a Bigsby.

It's a Cabronita, which is a fairly standard configuration (Fender makes a stock model). It shouldn't be too difficult to find some good quality sound clips of one.

Thanks! I'm checking them out as I type this.. :yah

jerns

Great guitars guys :dude:

I love checking out all the diverse axes you guys play --not only the LP's. Thanks for posting them.

Getting back to LP's, I feel compelled to repost this one.

This is the first LP I really got to know. It's owned by a friend of mine who's a lurker on the forum. It's a heavily gigged, 1970 GT Deluxe that was refinned black, has EMG's, Schallers and acquired a headstock repair on the road.

imagejpg1_zps1a1833d8.jpg

Cool shot of some natural relic'ing!

shred

Heh... Yeah it's like the Blackburst, but with gold coming through instead :eek:le

Big Al

Is that because of the neck shape? I was talking to somebody else who said that the Baja Tele neck shape quickly became their favorite.

As far as workhorse guitars, these two have been seeing a lot of action lately:

'94 LP Special.

Cabronita partscaster with TV Jones pickups

Neck shape, profile and frets are perfect but the chunky V shaped 50's neck on the 50's Classic Tele is a winner too. The pickups on the Baja are superb and the switching options easily make this my most versatile guitar, factor in a strong Fender preference and you have my favorite. Bigsby to be added soon via Vibramate.

Reverend David

Is that because of the neck shape? I was talking to somebody else who said that the Baja Tele neck shape quickly became their favorite.

As far as workhorse guitars, these two have been seeing a lot of action lately:

'94 LP Special.

Cabronita partscaster with TV Jones pickups

Love Telecasters! (I also have a LP Special - mines black)

RevsTelecasters_zpsedb7309c.jpg
[/IMG]

Reverend David

Thinking of you Big Al. Hope you stop back in for a minute when you have the time & inclination Brother!

marantz1300

You wanted honest played in guitars.My 69 Custom and 78 Tele again and the one that got away ,my old 71 Deluxe.

429a7dfd-34ff-409a-9746-0ed4a62c8a2b_zpsc2289c22.jpg

P1020736_zps636d6a1a.jpg

P1020684_zps98c32dc2.jpg

I really miss this one.
gibsonlespauldeluxe1971goldtop.jpg

100_2076.jpg

shred

:wow

There's some killer wear on those gits... Awesome stuff guys :salude

Big Al

Those are all GREAT!!! That is what I was talking' 'bout! Make a sad old brother feel good to see the natural and real miles posted on these great axes, fellas!!:hank:salude

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Hey Big Al !! It was great to talk to you today. It reminded me of those days when we'd be on the phone for an hour and my Pug would climb in my lap, fall asleep and snore so loudly that before long you'd ask, "what the hell is that noise?" Call me again soon, and I'll have you look at that catalog to see if it's yours. In the meantime, hears a couple of pics for good karma:
My R8 Historic Makeover. Damn, I love this guitar!
002_zps1baqtubv.jpg

shred

Nice rockstar aka Steve C... Love the aging on the GT :dude:

How about a blue shred machine group shot...

photo22_zps04fe3fbf.jpg

Reverend David

Those are all GREAT!!! That is what I was talking' 'bout! Make a sad old brother feel good to see the natural and real miles posted on these great axes, fellas!!:hank:salude

Alright now - there he is :hank YEA!!!!!! :salude

Reverend David

2236034028_fac2ddc569_b.jpg

Okay who was asleep at the wheel and let this thread drop to Page 2? :dang

Anyhoo.. I was thinking yesterday about a guitar I sold back a number of years ago that I now wished I hadn't. It was a 30th Anniversary wine red Les Paul Deluxe Limited Edition and I wish I could buy it back. I don't even remember who bought it or I would contact them to ask if I could purchase it from them if they still even own it. I see there are others on sale online here & there but I really liked the one I had. I know I sold it to fund a different Les Paul and sadly, because I have sold, traded, purchased so much gear in the past 10 years I don't even remember which of my Les Pauls I purchased in its place. Dang it.

I found one on ebay that was reasonably priced for $1600 which I was going to jump on - but in reading the description the seller states he won't ship - only local pickup. He's somewhere in California - I'm in Iowa. Not an easy or quick drive by purchase. :pisd Anyway - here's a picture of one pretty close to what it looked like but I think the grain on mine was prettier. Sighhhh..