• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are there any RED flametop Les Pauls out there?

moozak

Les Paul Forum Member, Classic Club
Red flametops? sure!

2010 59R Extra Faded Cherry #1

2010 59R Extra Faded Cherry #2 (yes, i know... i need to get a newer shot without the pickguard sticker!)

57Lefty

I remember seeing some of the Dickey Betts red top guitars. I always wanted a stop sign red one .

M4sonicLP

Figured '58
0811_1.jpg

cjwilliams

Here's mine. 99 classic plus. I'm in the process of swapping the nasty inlays. High order pickups.

99ClassicPlusLP.jpg

RAB

This is NOT a transparent red dye for the top...so, the guitar was NOT purchased for the flame. There is, however, a good amt. of figure and flame on the top and it looks GREAT as is so that was a bonus!!!! In the second picture you can see that the flame is very evident depending on the view angle.

redrig.jpg
cherrypie.jpg

Ha, ha, thanks for featuring my '56 LP conversion to all cherry red and PAFs! :applaude

ajay taylor

There is currently a Slash Model that is Red Flame. There is also one in Vermillion, but that is more Orange.
The current Slash Model is called Rossa Corsa.

F-Hole

A friend owns a '59 (real) red Les Paul with flame and a Bigsby. He asked that I not share the photos, which is a shame.

Still, nice to know it's out there.

Thunder Dump

Old thread, but here's my 2011 Gibson Les Paul Custom Pro in Red Tiger:

2011custompro-34.jpg

2011custompro-37.jpg

Last edited: