• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1968 hang tags and more

Red Baron

Very cool J@S ...that really does look like Brazilian in those pics with wider grain pores than Indian. If you don't mind me asking, what is the serial number range of this one?

Shame about the stigma associated with 68's, I also believe that good ones are equal with good 50's LP's.

Congrats, that looks like a great guitar! :salude :jim

marshall1987

Very cool J@S ...that really does look like Brazilian in those pics with wider grain pores than Indian. If you don't mind me asking, what is the serial number range of this one?

Shame about the stigma associated with 68's, I also believe that good ones are equal with good 50's LP's.

Congrats, that looks like a great guitar! :salude :jim

What stigma?

Red Baron

Over the past few decades a lot of collectors of 50's Les Paul's wouldn't consider buying a 68 believing that they are inferior guitars and I think that attitude has given them a stigma, however I do believe that rarity, misinformation, lack of accurate information, and people passing off Norlin era guitars as 68's hasn't helped the situation.

marshall1987

Over the past few decades a lot of collectors of 50's Les Paul's wouldn't consider buying a 68 believing that they are inferior guitars and I think that attitude has given them a stigma, however I do believe that rarity, misinformation, lack of accurate information, and people passing off Norlin era guitars as 68's hasn't helped the situation.

Thanks. Let's hope that the 1968 "stigma" continues well into this decade. That will insure that many more examples of collectable 1968 Les Pauls will be available for mere mortals such as myself who can not afford a 1950's piece. :ha

Jumping@Shadows

Here's another killer '68 I had..

LPindoordish5.jpg

Jumping@Shadows

Thanks man- no that went to a good friend a few years back. It was very clean, with a medium-round neck and a good weight, but somewhat 'sterile' and my latest would kick it round the block in all respects :dude: