• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tom Keifer on cover of Vintage Guitar

JR-Special

I always thought that Tom was a great player. He got lumped in with the "hair metal" gang but was always more versatile than that. His slide playing is phenominal and he never gets credit for that skill. He could probably play a plastic uklelele and sound great... he's the real deal.

I saw him with Cinderella on tour this last summer. I was dead center in the front row watching him play. He played well but you can tell he wasn't in tour shape yet as he was "gassed" several times and looked exhausted. But he sounded great as did the whole band. His voice was good despite all the problems he has had in the past. He doesn't play out much anymore so any chance to see him play is rare. I was very happy to have had the chance to see him.

He used copies of his vintage intruments on stage. Maybe the EDS-1275 he used was older. The copies sounded great (and looked old).

I read VG every month. Loved thier article on him. Well done, nice pics of his vintage collection.

Emerald

Tom mentioned in the article he bought two Bursts and a Tele back then.
Also a Jaguar V12 coupe which I saw when I met him.
He also said he has replacement Klusons on his real Burst as the real ones are 'melting in a drawer'!
The first Cinderella LP was recorded on a seventies Les Paul if I recall correctly as I didn't buy the magazine yet.
Once he got his royalties he bought the car and the guitars straight away.
He also asked to buy my vintage Marshall collection, which in retrospect I should have sold them to him, but at the time they weren't for sale. One year, a crazy engagement later I ended up selling them and a Vox to Eric Bazilian of the Hooters. He then flipped them, should have thought of tom and sold them to him, he would have kept them!
Emerald

marshall1987

Don't know if this has been posted or not. Tom is smokin' hot and playing a vintage Les Paul.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZTnNy5Ys9xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>