• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Slide switch on 65 Non-Rev Firebird V

Russ

Its been cutting out for years. Where can I find a replacement switch?
Thanks!
IMG_1323_2.jpg

Russ

Thanks TW, I have tried to clean it many times.
I will check allparts.

TM1

The best cleaner on the market is the Caig DeOxit D-5. I've brought stuff back from the dead with it. I'd spend $12.00 on a can of that first.

Litcrit

I hate those switches, they have "dead spots" in them as well, and fuctionally they don't compare to toggles. They also have sharp edges and if you switch pups a lot, you feel it. I've sold off all my "switch" guitars (Non-rev birds, MM's) and it was part of what turned me off.
Is there a "not-too invasive", reversible mod that works better? Mini-toggles? Full size toggles have a different cutout/footprint.

latestarter

Well, I'm not selling my F'bird becasue of a switch...but I totally understand the frustration. Gigging the other night and went to switch...bam, nothing...dead...hit the no-sound spot. Very annoying.

gr4ntc

I replaced mine with a new one off ebay, there a standard switchcraft sliding switch, just kept the original in the case.

Russ

I replaced mine with a new one off ebay, there a standard switchcraft sliding switch, just kept the original in the case.
Was it specified ' on-on-on', or just a 3 position switch?
Thanks!

gr4ntc

Russ

There is not a lot of information out there on these, Mine was not even wired corectly, so I bought a switchcraft on on on slider 3 way from stew mac or simliar and wired it exactly as the old wiring diagram, your all you have to do is copy the way its wired at present. anyway it works a treat and the old one is in the case.

Give it ago :jim