• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Straplocks: Grolsch washers VS Dunlop ergo lok

Humbuck

RubberStraplok.jpg

Simple, inexpensive, reliable within reason, quiet, light...need I go on?

Y

yeti

Grolsch isn't really a good beer. If you want the best "Straplock washer" you get this:
15648.jpg

Y

yeti

What brand is that? I'm due for some new washers. I kinda like Grolsch, though.

"Altenmuenster", one of the best....:salude :salude :salude

There are plenty of good brands, just don't buy the "Flensburger" ones
-bad kharma:wah

goldtop0

I use a real tight ochre coloured rubber dagging ring that is used to de-tail lambs(applied near the base of a lambs tail which cuts off the circulation to the area below the ring and as a result the remaining part of the tail falls off).
Not unlike the Grolsch ring but smaller and more unobtrusive.........they last for years and cost not a cent as they're used also by plant suppliers to keep long plant stems upright in a pot plant.

Bruce R

Since I only use Straplocks on my guitars I am ignorant as far as this beer washer thing goes. From this thread I assume the strap and washer are always on, and not taken off when the instrument is put back in the case?

Humbuck

If you want...I do that because I'm lazy...but they come off and on just fine like straplocks would. They stretch like a real thick rubber band.

Yannick333

Hey Guys!

So, yesterday I finally bought me a bag of 100 washers from a brewery store here in Belgium! But when I put them on my Lester (without the strap) they seem to wiggle a lot and seem to be quite loose around the strap button! Is this normal or did I just buy a faulty batch??? Because they had only one size for sale.

Here's a pic of the washers:

0175745.jpg

Thanks in advance and :2zone

Last edited:

Chef Greg

You should have bought Grolsch... lol -- They wiggle until you put them over the button with the strap on the guitar.

Yannick333

I just did that and they seem to look a bit sturdier with the strap on there but I think the ring in the middle might be a bit bigger than the Grolsch ones! I was just suprised at how easy I could put them on and off. :wah But maybe that's just normal?