• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Straplocks: Grolsch washers VS Dunlop ergo lok

Humbuck

Those holes do look a little big. If they are you def don't want 'em. They should only have play when there is no strap on the button with them...with strap everything should be tight and they should take a little effort getting on and off. It's also better if the holes on your strap are fairly small and tidy. If they are not, I stitch mine closed a little or just cut a new, tight hole altogether. I like the setup best if my strap is a little hard to get on and off, then hit 'em up with a couple beer washers and it's perfect.

Pe.Eng15

Grolsch - they're the best. Don't even bother trying or wasting your time with anything else !

PaisleyTube

I just did that and they seem to look a bit sturdier with the strap on there but I think the ring in the middle might be a bit bigger than the Grolsch ones! I was just suprised at how easy I could put them on and off. :wah But maybe that's just normal?

Yannick,

pm or mail me your adres and I'll send you some Grolsch washers.

Y

yeti

Maybe they can use a new marketing angle? I mean, there's a shitload of guitar players out there...:hmm :ha

I think Gibson should ship every Historic with a 6-pack of Grolsch. Once you drink 2 you'll find that you have four more washers so you'll buy 2 more guitars. It's perfect marketing.

wharris

I think Gibson should ship every Historic with a 6-pack of Grolsch. Once you drink 2 you'll find that you have four more washers so you'll buy 2 more guitars. It's perfect marketing.

^^This^^

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
You should have bought Grolsch... lol -- They wiggle until you put them over the button with the strap on the guitar.

He's in Belgium, where they make great beer!
Better to buy this:

603546723c380d62.jpg

There are lots of beers with those washers. :ganz

Yannick333

Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies! :salude I finally took the time to try out these washers thoroughly and they seem to work fine! (Lol, I'm such a nitpicker when it comes to guitars) I did some guitar gymnastics with them this morning and they seem to hold up great! The only thing I noticed was that the guitar button's screw came loose. :biggrin:

Thanks again and ...:2zone

Yannick333

Yannick,

pm or mail me your adres and I'll send you some Grolsch washers.

Thanks for the suggestion Paisleytube but my washers seem to work fine! Like I said before, I'm such a nitpicker when it comes to my guitars! :biggrin: BTW: Are you from Belgium as well?

Thanks again and...:2zone

Yannick333

He's in Belgium, where they make great beer!
Better to buy this:

603546723c380d62.jpg

There are lots of beers with those washers. :ganz

Thanks for your reply TW59! I'm glad to see that our beers are well-liked in the States! :dude: I personally am more of a "Duvel" fan but I can also appreciate a Hoegaarden or a Leffe from time to time!

packshots_DMC_duvel.jpg

Yannick333

My best friend swears that Duvel tastes better from the larger bottle.

duvel_300.gif

Lol! I've heard that one before but I can't verify it myself! I always buy the small bottles (self protection)! :biggrin: But I do have an uncle who swears that a Duvel that has passed its expiration date tastes better! But I'm not trying that!:biggrin:

PaisleyTube

Thanks for the suggestion Paisleytube but my washers seem to work fine! Like I said before, I'm such a nitpicker when it comes to my guitars! :biggrin: BTW: Are you from Belgium as well?

Thanks again and...:2zone

Almost, I'm from the Netherlands.
Joined this great forum because of Les Paul(s), I like playing guitar, writing music and I do build/modify tube guitar amps as dayjob.