• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

sell your first LP

zerolight

I sold an early 90s Les Paul Standard, in Wine Red, withing a year of buying it - having been convinced by a friend that I'd be a better guitarist on a Pink JEM. This would have been 93/94. Got a Classic in 97 and sold that for a Musicman Axis in 2001. So I've done it twice. Hopefully the R9 I got for my up coming 40th will stay put.

RnB

I
LPCP94.jpg

...wish I still had my Black Custom from the 70's. Thought I was finished w/ quitars when my wife & I bought a house in '81...lol! Sold it for $450.00 :wah

RNELEE

I think I engineered a happy ending. I sold my LP Special Faded with the 490/498 PU's last year (my 1st electric). I regretted it the minute that I sold it. Over the holliday I put an order in for an LP Special in cherry red. It will have the P90's which I think will be O.K. I love my R8, but I love playing on flat wood...

robelectro

This seems like the perfect place to pour my heart out. I sold my first Les Paul. It was a 1995 Wine Red Standard bought new by my father who gave it to me for Christmas after a long, hard year of working on the farm. Serial Number 91145391. I was 13. I know what you're thinking. I was pretty lucky kid to get a Les Paul for Christmas when I was 13 and I was, but keep in mind my dad probably got about 15 grand of free labor out of me each summer back then. Anyway, I loved it and I played it all the time. Flash forward three years. My dad gets killed in a farming accident. I was the one that found him. It was as bad as you imagine. Anyway, life goes on and I move to Austin, TX in 2005 to play music. I had already been partying pretty hard and it only got harder. I ended up selling the guitar for dope. It is one of the more shameful moments of my life. In 2010 I got sober and have been ever since. I look for the guitar whenever I think about it on eBay or the forums. Maybe I'll find it one day. I hope so. I will pay basically any amount to get it back.

Edward

Mine is long gone. I don't see the problem as long as the replacement(s) is better.

It took me some time to get to this point, so I held on to my 05 for all this time. But then, "it" happened. Gone now for two years and, frankly, I miss it a lot less than I thought I would have seeing as there are stellar LPs on the wall. Good thing we're talking about guitars or that would sound callous ;)

Hey Rob,
Kudos to you on your journey, man. Tough stuff, to be sure ...hang in there brother! :salude

Edward

RNELEE

It was just a Faded 2003 Slab Paul. About $650.00 including a Gibson HSC. The thing was ugly and had cosmetic damage from being a demo at GC. Over time the frets were polished and the scratches in the neck were worn off just from playing it. But, most of all it sounded and played great. I sold it, I miss it. Got an R8 in 2005 and have kept it. My Seagull acoustic was my 1st serious guitar bought in 2000 and my only acoustic to this day. Burned through a few electrics.

CalzoHoudini

Never considered selling it. It's a '78 Deluxe that I bought when I was 16 from a buddy's older brother. He had bought it and a SF Twin but never really played them (I have the Twin, as well). More than just my first LP, it was the first significant purchase I ever made with my own money from my first job. Here it is with the TradPro I just picked up last week...

That is a sweeeeet Gold Top.

Texsunburst59

The 1st LP I ever owned . I bought this used in '84, and I'll NEVER EVER sell this one.

My '80 "Jimmy Wallace" '58 RI:

12225332516_1d37a19628_b.jpg

12225341906_9a6b300598_b.jpg

12224773825_11d9bb1f68_b.jpg

Thunderheart

When I started playing.....well practicing.....I stupidly sold an old Fender Twin Reverb. From that I learned a life lesson.....never sell your gear! Never.