• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Iguana burst?

DMartini

Rickenbacker also did a Greenglo around the time Gibson did these, they all sold out so must have a target audience

i think Rickenbackers one would glow in the dark, kinda cool albeit gimmicky, House Of Kolor is the only paint manufacture who makes a glow in the dark paint i know of, so would be cool to see if it worked

sidekick

One day, perhaps this colour, (because of limited numbers) will become very sought after ... :spabout

Even so, really like the earlier pictured CR LP in this finish, but I like CR LP's anyway ... Furthermore, I rather like the look of real Iguana's as well.

Oh decisions, decisions .... :)

lous1952

Not Iguana Burst but green nonetheless.
I bought it from a Gibson dealer friend that said that it was a color prototype guitar.
Don't know if the color became available.
I sold it soon after to a guy in Ireland.

DCG1.jpg

DCG3.jpg

DCG2.jpg

jrfisher

I recently purchased a very nice Paul with a Quilted Green Top. I won't insult the forum by posting a picture because it also has Reed Smith on the headstock. I will say that I am a fan of the Gibson Iguana Burst, it's oddly attractive. Cheers!

BTORollAlong

I actually don't mind it in the abstract - it's something different (coming from a guy that mostly has the stereotypical sunburst/honeyburst type guitars). I'd probably get sick of it and regret dropping a bunch of $ on it pretty quickly, though.

brandtkronholm

Among the Legends of Gibson there is a strange tale of one genuine green LP Standard from 1958-1960. For real. It actually existed. It was a custom order for Bob Summers, the brother of Mary Ford. It was stolen in the 1960s. The legend states it was a monster flame top...

samsdad

Saint Paddys Day Burst comes out one day a year then back in the case.Is the case green as well?

brandtkronholm

Among the Legends of Gibson there is a strange tale of one genuine green LP Standard from 1958-1960. For real. It actually existed. It was a custom order for Bob Summers, the brother of Mary Ford. It was stolen in the 1960s. The legend states it was a monster flame top...

Seriously. Look it up. It's in Robb Lawerence's book: The Early Years of the Les Paul Legacy: 1915-1963. Boom.