• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute

Doc Sausage

Nicely done, Jim. I almost hear a little Les hisself in that guitar / playing !:3zone

toxpert

Jim,
Tell us about the rig you are playing through...
Nice tone and some tasty playing there !

JimFog

Jim,
Tell us about the rig you are playing through...
Nice tone and some tasty playing there !

Thanks!

On the outdoor Jump Blues, it's the Trib -----> Greer Ghetto Stomp-----> Strymon El Capistan------> early SF Deluxe Reverb with a Celestion c-12-70 in it.

Amp is probably on 4-5 and the Ghetto is always on, giving it just a wee bit of that tweed-y grit. It's VERY touch sensitive and dynamic, really works with the volume knob. The Strymon is just for a small hint of slapback on "Jump My Baby", to help it bounce.

On the indoor stuff it's just the Trib right into an old Princeton Reverb.

weatherboy

Not sure where to find this info, but I'm trying to find out what a 50s tribute model would sell for now. All of them on ebay have 0 bids and all seem overpriced. Any ideas?

59PLEXI

Walked into a GC in Ft Myers Fl today and laid down the bucks for a GT ,it was 849.00 got 15% off of that as well! will be shipped to my home in a few days....Can't wait to hear it through my 1987x :3zone :dude:

Scott L

Walked into a GC in Ft Myers Fl today and laid down the bucks for a GT ,it was 849.00 got 15% off of that as well! will be shipped to my home in a few days....Can't wait to hear it through my 1987x :3zone :dude:

A 50s? Perhaps the HB 50s version or maybe a 60s or 70s ?

Sean French

I bought a used '10 50's Tribute w/P90' and a rosewood board this past January.
I really dig this LP. I actuall prefer it to my previous P90 loaded Historics.:ganz

Nice and light too. Mine is 7 1/2 lbs.
It's just a great sounding LP, clean or dirty.
Perfect amount of honk, chime and balls.:dude:

015-1.jpg

023.jpg

019-2.jpg

JimFog

A year later, my 50's Trib GT w/ P90's that I demo'd above is still my favorite guitar, by a long shot.

So much so, that I just bought another 50's......this time Black, with Humbuckers. Should be here Monday. Can't wait.

JimFog

Ok! So it arrived today.

I dig it much. The roasted (burnt? sunburned??) maple board is real nice to play, and I really like the neck shape and size, as on my Trib GT w/P90's. Good clarity, but still plenty of ass. One bummer is the PCB board. I've never really dug the 490/498T p'ups, but changing them will be a PITA. I actually really like the taper and treble bleed on these pots, so I guess I'll just splice into the existing wires, if I decide to change. ( I have a set of Dimarzio 36th anni PAF's in black/creme, which would look and sound great in this).

All in all, I think this line is a winner for Gibson, as long as you're not hung up on cosmetics. I like the GT a bit more than the Black, which looks a bit plastic and a wee bit cheap without the binding, etc. Still......

563925_3945286506043_356945483_n.jpg

kwest

Not to necro post but I was in this thread when it started 7 years ago so I figured it was better to post this here rather than start a new thread. Rereading the old posts was interesting.I had forgotten how hard it was to get one of these when they first came out in 2010.Anyway I got this 2012 model with humbuckers from my local GC yesterday for $579 including tax. I really like it especially since I had to sell my other Tribute several years back.

008.jpg

006.jpg

008_1.jpg

011_1.jpg

009_1.jpg