• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pearly Gates Registry - Aged and VOS.

troyad

Gibson is building me a new PG to replace the one I had with a "finish" crack.

andreja marovic

Gibson is building me a new PG to replace the one I had with a "finish" crack.

Can you post some pics of this guitar with "The finish crack"?
Is it a VOS? a aged one? will it be a replacment guitar?
Interesting to hear and see that.:2zone

the deep end

BG082 is now in the house.

IMG_0224.jpg

the deep end

Thanks for the kudos. I am thrilled with it. It was on eBay, 8lbs 11oz, and the darkest fretboard I've seen on a historic, much darker than my Bloomfield. Very resonant guitar and more bottom than the Bloomfield which is 8lbs 3oz. I also have to say I'm surprised and impressed with the pickups. I fully expected to replace these, but I think they hold their own compared to the Holmes in my Aged Bloomie. I've had several historics and tried just about every boutique pickup out there and I really like the sd pearly's. They have double tone, bloom, chime, are open and clear sound with a nice shimmering top end without that burstbucker shrillness. Very happy!

andreja marovic

Thanks for the kudos. I am thrilled with it. It was on eBay, 8lbs 11oz, and the darkest fretboard I've seen on a historic, much darker than my Bloomfield. Very resonant guitar and more bottom than the Bloomfield which is 8lbs 3oz. I also have to say I'm surprised and impressed with the pickups. I fully expected to replace these, but I think they hold their own compared to the Holmes in my Aged Bloomie. I've had several historics and tried just about every boutique pickup out there and I really like the sd pearly's. They have double tone, bloom, chime, are open and clear sound with a nice shimmering top end without that burstbucker shrillness. Very happy!

Congrats Deep end.
You got the best Burst available on the market.
This special run of PG's models (signed+aged+vos)are in my opinion amnog the very best work from Gibson.I am sure the SD's are a great addition to this guitars.Sound much better than BB's Gibson have been using.
Enjoy it man!!!!:2zone

DoubleBoogie

BG082 is now in the house.

IMG_0224.jpg

Really like this one too! :headbange The majority of these (with the obvious 099 exception!) miss the Pearly figure, but what they miss on figure accuracy, they make up with tons of their own mojo!! Gibson really did a great job with this run. Congrats!

fjminor

Looks like your BG106 is for sale at Mark's now.

Yes it is and it is with a heavy heart that I had to sell BG106, but I am on a journey right now with a project that I am nick naming - Gibson: Deconstructed. I will taking 2 Historic guitars for this project which I sacrificed BG106 for and will be sharing this journey with the forum once it gets under way. This monday the most important part of the project begins and this project could take up to a year or more, hopefully not, but I am giving it that time frame with lots of patience. I will start a series of threads in the Historic section about this project once it gets underway.

DoubleBoogie

Yes it is and it is with a heavy heart that I had to sell BG106, but I am on a journey right now with a project that I am nick naming - Gibson: Deconstructed. I will taking 2 Historic guitars for this project which I sacrificed BG106 for and will be sharing this journey with the forum once it gets under way. This monday the most important part of the project begins and this project could take up to a year or more, hopefully not, but I am giving it that time frame with lots of patience. I will start a series of threads in the Historic section about this project once it gets underway.

Keep us posted Frank. I take it that you have found what you need to do the project??

fjminor

Keep us posted Frank. I take it that you have found what you need to do the project??

Hey Steve - pieces of it are coming together - BG106 was traded for 2 of Mark's best R8s he had on hand - They are incoming this Friday - this Monday is a road trip to PA and is the most important part of this project. I will leave it at that and start a thread when the R8s come home to kick off the project.

Last edited: