• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Faded refinish Les Pual

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
Thanks a lot guys really appreciated.

Here is a shot of the products i used for the finish.

Myfinishingproducts.jpg

Nico.

what did you use to strip the back?

Here are all the stuff i'm using for this project, its just a normal strong stripper, applied 2 hands of it, one then scrape, two and scrape again.

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
Here its a photo of the back way before i was thinking about refinishing it, it just had put it threw the razor!!!!

Before-the-refinish.jpg

Glad i did the refinish, :)

Atomic

oh so youre using the same stripper as before?? cool :) did you have any more trouble with the stripper melting the binding?

Axel

Actually, now it looks more like a Les Paul Standard Faded with a layer of nitro.

Atomic

yeah man! its looking very rock n roll now. :) im really digging that figuring!

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
Here is one that shows almost the exact color of the back and sides, i try to make it a really fade red mahogany finish.

side-and-back-new.jpg

nevizzzy

Do you really think it looks the faded series??? Better get an eye checkup dudes.]

Yeah I do because that's what it looks like, a faded with a clear coat of nitro. There are many fadeds that look very similar to your guitar and have that heavy sanded look. I admire your courage and skills in your experimentation but you haven't managed to reproduce the look of faded colours through the sanding approach.

mca

looks exactly like the faded series with a thick coat of varnish, looks cool

here is mine:salude

101_2674.jpg

Al Russo

hey...i noticed that u mentioned laquer. Those cans say varnish...VArnish has yellowish tint to it...Did u indeed use spray varnish or lacquer?

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
looks exactly like the faded series with a thick coat of varnish, looks cool

here is mine:salude

101_2674.jpg

Yes!!!!! you are right, it her sister!!!!!:wow:salude:applaude

Great. I love how this baby has come out and the overwhelmingly response from many people all over the guitar related forums. :3zone

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
Yeah I do because that's what it looks like, a faded with a clear coat of nitro. There are many fadeds that look very similar to your guitar and have that heavy sanded look. I admire your courage and skills in your experimentation but you haven't managed to reproduce the look of faded colours through the sanding approach.

Great, that means i did a good job. Thanks!!! :peace2

LPguitarman

Looks awesome Nico, great job. As mentioned earlier, don't relic this one, it looks too good. Love that grain on the back and the front for that matter.