• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

the official Les Paul Traditional love thread (post your pics!)

bluespckr

Well, here's "Miss Nola" -- My birthday 2015 honeyburst Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I just got this 2012:

2012_top.jpg

Wilko

I've just scored a very clean protector case for it. It's now got an amber switch tip and nickle ABR-1, light-weight tailpiece, and conversion bushings are on the way.

2012_traditional_top_close.jpg

Kutt

My pair, both 2008 models which was the first year of production if I'm not mistaken. My only regret is not buying at least one more, in Iced Tea. These axes made the '57 Classic Plus and '57 Classic my favorite pickups of all time.

RONZO

Hi all I am really puzzled by my latest buy, its a traditional I think but not sure LPTDS2SHCH3 is the serial number and its got a matt type finish with no coil tapping, any detectives out there got an idea?

I was thinking its like this-

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]LPTD(S) : Les Paul traditional (Standard)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]S2 ? 2000’s[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]SH – Sunburst Heritage ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]CH – Chrome Hardware[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]3 – limited edition?

[/FONT]

thanks all

ch willie

I posted these in NGD thread, but I'm so enthused by this guitar, I wanted to show off mine. It's a 2012--and I love the smoothness of the fb, two piece laminate or not, and I really dig the weight relief. It sounds like my ideal of a LP.

DSC_0089_zpsoufmalev.jpg

DSC_0084_zps3bnyfus7.jpg

DSC_0083_zps45gihf6v.jpg

shrews824

My 2012 Honeyburst Traditional.

Doesn't matter to me if it has a 2-piece board or not. It plays and sounds great.

I've only put top hat knobs on and a plain truss rod cover. Other than that it's bone stock.

lespaultrad.jpg
lespaultrad2.jpg
lespaultrad3.jpg
lespaultrad4.jpg

fakejake

shrews824

Looks gorgeous, I love that top! I'd probably put on aged hardware and an ABR1, but it looks killer as it does already

Much obliged. Yeah, I love the top. That was the first thing that attracted me to it. Hopefully, with enough wood shedding the hardware will age just fine on it's own. :hank:hank:hank:):):)

Wilko

I completely reworked mine:

trad_changes.jpg

traditional_lap.jpg

Last edited:

Kokuma

IMG_20190502_145340_882[1].jpg 2019 LP Traditional. Best Les I own! Tobacco burst is my favorite!

Don

My 2014 Traditional Pro '50s neck. I bought it cheap last year. It had been modded quite a bit- nice bone nut, Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups, boost removed and good pots, Orange Drop caps, copper foil shielding and smooth control cover installed, TonePros bridge and tailpiece. I assume the brown case is not original.

I installed a Faber BSWKIT studs and ABRN bridge, RS steel studs and aluminum tailpiece, a used set of Duncan Seths, VIPots with Russian PIO caps, CreamTone plastics, vintage style truss rod cover and replaced the chrome locking keystone Grovers with nickel locking kidney bean Grovers. I removed the shielding. I sold the Alnico Pro IIs, chrome Grovers and TonePros to keep the cost low.

The neck is great, the frets are tall, playability is awesome and it sound and looks good. It's everything I've ever wanted in a Les Paul.

48499912122_50c2646ae5_b.jpg

48499831011_c75be39c4c_b.jpg

With my ES-335-

48499831776_1dcc893f18_b.jpg