• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1990 standard limited edition colours

Jan Folkson

According to Gruhn's there was Red in July, Yellow in August, Blue in September, Black in October, Purple in November, and White in December. Red and White were Customs and the others were standards. No mention of 1 piece tops.

Tim C.

It was a very cool run! I would bet money that some collector(s) must have the whole 1990 "Colors" collection (not me). :dude:

Mike,

I have two friends who each have a complete set of all six. One used to be the Gibson dealer here before he sold the business. They are really cool guitars.

I was called into the office of the one friend who owned the Gibson dealership in 1990 and asked if I wanted one of the purple ones for $1100.00. The factory had a few left over purple ones. He said that color wasn't selling well. I turned it down at the time because I didn't have the extra cash. I have always regretted that I couldn't buy one.

Tim C.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Mike,

I have two friends who each have a complete set of all six. One used to be the Gibson dealer here before he sold the business. They are really cool guitars.

Tim C.

Thanks Tim.

See? I would have won that bet! :peace2

H

Heritage69

pics

customc030.jpg

customc025.jpg

H

Heritage69

Found this one out there. Appears to be a 1 piece top as well. Also saw a transgreen custom. All plain tops.
w440_11177_41366.jpg

DevilDog-Seattle

i have the mocha one.
original production run states trans black.
beautiful guitar.

shame that there isn't more info readily available...

and, it turns out that the most commonly found pic of this model in mocha is literally my guitar.
the photos with the blue background...taken by the last owner.

lps_mocha.jpg

Last edited: