• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Heritage as compared to Historics

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I think the short tenon is stock on Heritage 150 models today, but you could likely specify the long version. Jay Wolfe's guitars always seem to have specified weight, Gibson bridge hardware, and quite possibly long tenons.

Vince Margol told me a few months ago that all H-150CM's are now long tenon. Have not bought one recently to find out though.:)

skydog6653

Not really a fair comparison considering that you'll pay 2-3 times more for the Gibson model.

michaeljames

Well, I've had/still have several of both. Gibson is Gibson. Heritage is Heritage. A ford isn't a Chevy, etc...

IMHO Heritage guitars are WAY better value for the money. But, they are not Gibson, and never will be - even with the 'Gibson heritage' they were founded on.

Just remember - these were guys that DIDN'T want to relocate with Gibson. They purchased the factory, equipment and probably a lot of wood/parts (my conjucture there).

GIBSON R9 & R0
RIsR9R0003.jpg

HERITAGE H150 & H535
HOC002.jpg

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
The only Heritage I've been able to spend any time with belonged to a friend. It looked like the one above but a double cutaway. The body was thinner than an LP but I noticed it was pretty heavy. The top was a killer looking Lemonburst w/mineral flecks all over it.
The hardware was a little much, too. The stuff was kind of bulky looking. My impression was that it sounded a lot like my prod. Std. & could have been improved upon w/some different p'ups & a different bridge & tailpiece.

reswot

...Just remember - these were guys that DIDN'T want to relocate with Gibson....

By what stretch of the imagination could that have anything to do with the quality of Heritage Guitars.

The fact that someone didn't want to move halfway across the country is in no way related to their luthiery skills.

becks bolero

I have 3 Heritages, and about 10 Gibsons, plus an historic and several other "clones" as well

the Heritages stand up, they are killer guitars but most Gibby fans don't like the headstock design....including me at first....however when I realized what a kickass guitar it was, that became moot.

I could easily live with just the Heritages

but they are all great guitars