• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Street price for Custom 68 Reissue?

B

blues2metal

Hello everyone, my co-worker is selling me his Gibson Les Paul Custom 68 Reissue (black) guitar and a Tri-Burst. His asking price is $2500 each. How much is it going for now?
Also, what is the verdict on this custom shop reissue? Thanks! :)

Here's my 1997 LP Custom I bought recently. Gave her a nice setup and She plays really nice.
039.jpg

039.jpg

R

R9.

Nice guitar. Why don't you check completed listings on eBay to get an idea of what they're selling for?

moonweasel

Hello everyone, my co-worker is selling me his Gibson Les Paul Custom 68 Reissue (black) guitar and a Tri-Burst. His asking price is $2500 each. How much is it going for now?
Also, what is the verdict on this custom shop reissue? Thanks! :)

If you really like your 97, have you considered getting something other than another humbucker Custom?

What about an R4 Goldtop or R4 Les Paul Custom (alnico and p-90)???

Just a thought.

moonweasel

Another option, for the price that you intend to spend on both of the 68s together (sounds like you are buying both), you COULD get a real, slightly issued early 69 or 68 LPC.

B

blues2metal

Another option, for the price that you intend to spend on both of the 68s together (sounds like you are buying both), you COULD get a real, slightly issued early 69 or 68 LPC.

Thanks for the response guys. I am really not looking to buy both but I wanted to buy the ebony one for the purpose of good guitar investment.

I do not have any price idea on the LP custom unlike the R8's and R9's.

Or maybe I will be looking to get a 2001 flamed R8. That's a good year for R8s.