• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Paul Kossoff reissue

Greco

Which one? Maybe give us some pics and maybe if we all just go on about it long enough they might :hmm I'm not a massive Koss fan but it's a cool idea. So bring on the :photos

flashriffs

This one would be a good one to bring out, it seems to be the most photographed one of his collection, heres a couple of pixs, one my brother took at Newcastle mayfair in nov 75, and one I took in about 91 at the North east guitar show. the same guitar in both, now owned by my good friend Arthur Ramm who just lives down the road from me----FRANK
img040.jpg

img041.jpg

Jim Jones

Yeah the difficulty with a Koss reissue is the fact that he didn't have one iconic guitar. Although, I agree that stripey one above is a good choice.

My favourite Koss guitar is the stripped burst he used at the 2nd Isle of Wight and the Beat Club performances. I can't imagine Gibson making one of those however. :)

Jim

bobbya

I'd have to radically deplete our savings to get one (my wife is a good sport about GAS*--I'd have to buy her a new camera, probably, so an even trade off). However, there would have to be a setting to automatically get that BRUTAL finger vibrato that Koss got and is still SO much badder than any 10,000 transistor-toned shredder gnat-notes.

*"How many Strats does one REALLY need??"
-Walter Becker of Steely Dan and founder of GAS.

ant_riv

When I saw the thread title, I thought Gibson had issued a Paul Kossoff model!

Be still my beating heart!

Then I read that it's just another soul with the same plaintive moan ......

Oh well, probably just as well since I couldn't afford it anyways.

kharrison

I love Koss and he was a big influence on me and it is his tone that I try to emulate. For a reissue, just take a rather flamey R9, take the pickguard off, add some grovers, and play the crap out of it. There you go:dude:

kharrison

This one would be a good one to bring out, it seems to be the most photographed one of his collection, heres a couple of pixs, one my brother took at Newcastle mayfair in nov 75, and one I took in about 91 at the North east guitar show. the same guitar in both, now owned by my good friend Arthur Ramm who just lives down the road from me----FRANK
img040.jpg

img041.jpg

Anymore recent pics of this burst?

mistersnappy

My vote for a stripped top or that one above.

Don't forget, he used a TobaccoBurst formerly owned by Clapton: maybe two tributes for the price of one? :hmm Although, I'm sure Clapton cannot have another endorsement with Fender's main competitor? :hmm

Black58

The FADED one from the Isle Of Wight '70. NO FUCKIN' QUESTION 'BOUT IT!!!

csteward

They should reissue all the good looking LP's he used, although the stripped burst (the one at Isle of Wight 70) is the most famous. He deserves a reissue almost more than anybody, as he remained faithful to his LP's. I just found on original Vinyl today Free's Fire and Water for $2, and Free Live for $9.

When I saw the thread title, I thought Gibson had issued a Paul Kossoff model!

That's what I thought at first too, and I got excited, and then found out people just wanted the same thing I did, for gibson to make a Koss signature LP.

MWR

img041.jpg

Damn......maybe Gibson got the idea for snot green inlays from the Kossoff burst? :ganz

csteward

Yeah I found other ones too, they're just not Koss/Free, but they're great albums though. led Zep Fan I sent you an email last night not sure if you got it, I sent it through the my les paul forum as the one I sent to your email address failed to go I guess it was your old one, it was in your profile on here.

Garampingat

My vote for a stripped top or that one above.

Don't forget, he used a TobaccoBurst formerly owned by Clapton: maybe two tributes for the price of one? :hmm Although, I'm sure Clapton cannot have another endorsement with Fender's main competitor? :hmm

:hmm there's the Clapton Crossroads ES-335.......
clapton335.jpg