• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Marc Bolan's Les Paul

The Groover

Well then my first post and here we are in the Marc Bolan thread.

Unfortunately there is an awful lot of misinformed garbage being spouted on here about Marc. Where and what he did and what he played on about his playing abilities even his personal life.

Marc did play on Nutbush City limits! My facts are based on having met Ike Turners personal assistant Chris Mitchell (who was there at the session surprisingly) he went on to marry Marc Bolans girlfriend Gloria Jones some years later after Marc had passed on.
I had the opportunity to meet him and Gloria, Marcs brother, Tony Visconti and others from Marcs world.

Unforunately Mickey Marmalades (Marcs roadie) comments about Marc And Gloria have stuck as is the tendency with the media wanting to dig up any dirt and attacking people who can no longer defend themselves.

Keeping on repeating that which has been written previously denegrating Marc does make it any more truthful.

Last edited:

Big Al

… uh, ok, …

There have been some threads about his guitar. In the Vintage Forum.