• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Shed Pickups

Dirtypool

Hi, Spence from Shed pu's is windind this weekend a set of Supernaturals for me.
I cant wait I cant wait :headbange

Any experiences with these or other pu's from Shed's?

Grtz Richard

ShaneMcCrae

Hi, Spence from Shed pu's is windind this weekend a set of Supernaturals for me.
I cant wait I cant wait :headbange

Any experiences with these or other pu's from Shed's?

Grtz Richard

I've never heard of them. Sorry. Can you provide any information, I'd like to learn more.
Thanks,
Shane

PaulD

I recently bought a P90 from him and am very impressed with it. It is now fitted in my 1960 Melody Maker and sounds absolutely fantasatic, I am sufficiently impressed with it that I am considering trying some of his PAF's in my R9 which currently has Voodoo 59's in.

Frutiger

I've got an aged double white coming today! Spencers service was fantastic.

Hopefully the pickup will be just as good & I'll give a tone report when it's in the guitar.

Dirtypool

Hi Spence, I wish you had some pics too :)
I let you know my experiences.
You should spread the word here more, not a lot off people seem to know your work.
Youtube is a great medium for that man.
Keep up the good work :)

Grtz Richard

Spencer Mumford

Hi Spence, I wish you had some pics too :)
I let you know my experiences.
You should spread the word here more, not a lot off people seem to know your work.
Youtube is a great medium for that man.
Keep up the good work :)

Grtz Richard

Richard your pickups are on the next plane to Holland.

There's plenty of people know about me. Some keep quiet and some shout all about it. I haven't been posting on this forum long because I was banned as soon as I was registered for some strange reason. I don't think I can push my stuff on here either due to the rules.

I haven't gotton around to YouTube yet. Still reading the instructions for the video camera.......:wah

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
... haven't been posting on this forum long because I was banned as soon as I was registered for some strange reason. I don't think I can push my stuff on here either due to the rules..../QUOTE]

Yeah, they frown on that here. Obviously you're not banned now because you're posting comments.

It's best to let other folks who are your fans post tributes to your products and pictures of them. As long as there is no remuneration relationship, that appears to work just fine.

For pickups, what works really well are sound clips. Some of the folks who have bought pickups from pup makers have posted them, probably mostly in the Tone forum.

Spencer Mumford

I had tone samples but they seem to have gone missing on my website. I just haven't found time to do anymore really. Studio time is expensive here in the UK even though a studio closes down every other day.

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
I had tone samples but they seem to have gone missing on my website. I just haven't found time to do anymore really. Studio time is expensive here in the UK even though a studio closes down every other day.

Most of the tone samples I've seen by guitarists on the LPF appear to be done at home on fair quality home recording devices (I'm not one).

I'm sure if you sent promo units of your pickups to some of these guys, they'd be happy to record and publish some sound clip samples.

The proper forum for this would be the Tone forum.

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
Here's a picture of Spencer's pickup, from my photobucket account. I've got no fiduciary relationship in this at all. The covers are aged and the photo is from a cell phone, so a bit of a blur. Spencer promises better pics soon.

Supernaturals.jpg

Last edited:

Frutiger

I got my double white PAF from Spencer a couple of days ago, I put my DMC cover on it & stuck it in my Heritage 80 last night.

It sounds fantastic, where the Shaw was a bit hollow in the bridge (the neck Shaw PAF is outta this world!) Spencers has fattened it up a treat, great tone with a lot of range & a lovely mid-tone honk to it when played clean.

I'm going to play it properly over the weekend & give it a full work out but so far I'd recommend giving them a go!

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
Can you do some tone clips and post them to the LPF Tone Report forum?

MapleFlame

I just ordered a set. It's going into a replica in Russia I am having built.