• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Another Peter Green Faded from CV Guitars

Ephlat

Just goes to show, no matter how great you make the LCPG's, there's nothing better than an original. Congratulations! :applaude

mikev

I did some experimenting with my guitar yesterday and it does indeed sound out of phase when both pups are at the same volume.

If both pups are on 10, the guitar is obviously out of phase. Then if I roll the volume of either pup back to 6 or 7, it sounds like I've switched to the opposite pup. IOW, if I'm in the middle position with both pups set to 10 the guitar has an out of phase sound. Then if I roll the bridge pup back to 7 it sounds very close to the same as if I had just switched to the neck pup only.

Go figure.

That's exactly how mine sounds.

Congrats again, Larry!

Peace and Happy Holidays.

Mike

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
how do these LCPGs play on an average....are they all mostly the same..?...like, how is the action/sting height...?...the reason im asking is when guys describe Les Pauls they usually say they differ alot...
thanks
joe

plonky17

Congratulations Larry. Olga is looking very happy and your baby looks very healthy.

Kindest regards from Australia

Grant

Goodgrain

dock44... #130 really sounds full and creamy!

Really has the authentic top too.

I have two already, so I am speaking from experience!

dock44

Thanks Goodgrain. Can't wait to get em in my grubby little hands. I really love that top on 130. I'm glad it didn't go on "hold" before I could tell Larry I wanted to change my mind.

zosolp

well 58 came today and its amazing, i cant even think of words to describe it. if your thinking of getting one DO IT and just wait till it comes because you will not be upset

PaulSG

well 58 came today and its amazing, i cant even think of words to describe it. if your thinking of getting one DO IT and just wait till it comes because you will not be upset

Congrats...I knew you'd love it!!!

:dude:

dock44

I got #69 today as well. #130 should arrive Wed. I'm gonna wait to post pics until they both are here. I couldn't be happier. The setup is excellent, the weight is ideal, looks and sounds terrific. Larry offers a great product at a super price and as I told him..... the best customer service out there. Huge kudos to Larry!! :dude:

PaulSG

...The setup is excellent, the weight is ideal, looks and sounds terrific...

That's what I love about mine. The weight of the '07's is perfect. I will never understand how some folks get all wound up over chambering. From what my ears hear, chambering is a wonderful thing.

So who snagged #120??????

Last edited:

Jurius

So there you have it. More happy Faded players.

Congrats, guys. I don't see this tone ever getting old. My Faded gets daily playing time. After all the new guys get their guitars, someone should start a thread where we can post pics of all Larry's modded guitars in one thread. Title the thread "Chambered Haters Not Welcome"!:2cool

roadrunner

LCPG-69 arriving tomorrow:
http://cvguitars.com/PGMod/LCPG-69/

LCPG-130 arriving next Wed.(1/2)
http://cvguitars.com/PGMod/LCPG-130/

Only changed my mind once :ganz changed from #55 to #130 after that new batch came in.

Hope everybody had a super X-mas......have fun and be careful this New Years. I'll post some pics after they've both arrived in their new home.

Larry is da man!!

Been checking this thread out and Larry's really on to something here. The sound clips really help but it's amazing how different some of the guitars sound. #69 sounds absolutely killer... lots of upper mids, the hollow tone and a strong double tone, #130 looks cool but the tone isn't anywhere near 69. I'd love to get one but buying one "unfinished" (without the soundclips) by Larry seems like kind of a crap shoot... what happens if the tone's not what you're after?

Very cool guitars...

PaulSG

...what happens if the tone's not what you're after?

Very cool guitars...

You return it to Larry. He wants everyone to be 100% satisfied.

Obviously, once you have it in your hands and plugged into your amp the tone will sound different than the sound clips. If it's not to your liking, you can follow my advice above. FWIW, #103 sounds much better live.

Last edited:

dock44

Put down a small deposit, and Larry will do the mods and make soundclips. You can then look and listen.......if you like it, pay the balance and it's on the way. If you don't, you can try another.

Tone is very subjective as we all know. I'm still waiting on 130 but I hope they do sound different.

Jurius

When I ordered my guitar from Larry, I told him "tone is king" and I wanted the best sounding guitar he had.

His response was that they ALL sound good and he was amazed at the number of people who don't go after the killer tops. He said the sound from one guitar to the next pretty consistent and he was happy with all so far.

That being the case, I took the guitar that had the top I liked best.

dock44

Got both of my babies now.
004.jpg

007.jpg

001.jpg

Just got 130(honeyburst) today and it got down into the upper teens so I haven't tuned her up yet, just snapped some pics.