• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Let's hear it for the Les Paul Studio!

Grog

I traded a Gibson Blueshawk for this Studio about five years back, it's been great!

Big Al

I traded a Gibson Blueshawk for this Studio about five years back, it's been great!

I'd say you made a good deal.:dude: I thought the dot necks were earlier?? My early 90's all have full size crown inlays.

Grog

I thought the same thing when I checked it out the first time. I was surprised that it wasn't ten years older. My main objective at the time was to avoid gold hardware & dump the Blueshawk. This Studio played like butter & didn't have the nasty hum that put me over the edge with the Blueshawk..............:##

HSTR

Mine is from '96.

9601.jpg

ChevChelios

1992 Studio Lite (my first guitar - I bought it in 1994 new, after working every free hour after school in a small local music store for two years - still own that guitar, and it'll never leave me)
DSC02213copy_zpsf56f6f14.jpg

2002 Studio (which I restored and gave to my brother)
P1010882ba_zps18d10573.jpg

1998 Studio (that someone had massively violated previously - covered (or better dipped) in some rubber gunk! Stripped and refinished it in Burgundy Mist - dots where an extra the wife wanted)

After
IMG_0310sm_zpswgta9sel.jpg

Before
IMG_20150316_084331719_HDRsm_zpsxc5isi3l.jpg

TDuke

My lovely 93 and first "real guitar", with refin (binding, nitro, spertzel locking tuners etc...)

Some clean sound

zoommutt

That was nice playing TDuke! You are the second guy on this page to just do binding on the body and not the neck. I would think you guys would care more about the neck instead of the body. Your guitar looks nice.

TDuke

thank you for the comment. Yes the binding of the neck... I was a bit short of money (and maybe wanted to keep the spirit of the old studio) !

Telechamp

My 2013 Alpine White Studio.

I picked this one out of four other identical Alpine White 2013's (plus a fifth Ebony one) at Sam Ash last October, for $850 w/ HSC. They were NOS. This one played and sounded the best of the bunch, without a doubt.

These pics taken the day I bought it.

IMG_0767copy_zps94dec500.jpg

IMG_0768copy_zps3a7aaba4.jpg

IMG_0772copy_zps277c3bc3.jpg

nick79

Newbie here, thanks for having me guys. Here's my 2016 faded -
DSC_1318_zpsuavdbo2c.jpg

Had her about 3 months now and gigged loads already, plays beautifully and sounds real good. My first Gibson but definitely not my last.
Nick

Rick1114

I haven't posted here in few years, but I recently found a '06 Les Paul Studio in Guitar Center that I just fell in love with. I like kicking the tires on Studios because the prices are so attractive these days (especially for the used ones). But after I play them a few minutes I'm usually like "it's okay", but not worth parting with cash for...I picked this one up for the hell of it (thinking I'd strum it for a few minutes and put it down) and just could not stop playing it. It has the mojo I had long sought!

Anyway, it's an '06 Fireburst with a '59 neck shape and I like how I can grab notes effortlessly anywhere on the neck. Somehow this studio came together nicely and is a real player. I had to do a major clean-up job on it (was covered with grime and dirt) but she looks nice now.

b9a734d5-4be0-4b12-ab45-0ce70fa97736.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Grog

Musicians Friend was running this one for $500.00 off. It is a Les Paul Studio Deluxe T Figured Maple Top in Desert Burst, $1,199.00 with hard shell case. I stewed over it for a while, then pulled the trigger on it. The sale ended the next day.

I've had it for about a week & am digging it so far. The pickups are a bit hotter & it has a 10db boost. Nice guitar for the money................

DM1975

Here are my two. A 2014 LPM and a 2016 50's tribute T. I couldn't stand the finish on the LPM so I did the fake binding thing and polished the top. However, the satin gold top will remain as it is. Both sound great but the LPM sounds the best to me, but the 50's tribute is still new so who knows.

Straydog

My les Paul 2013 60's Tribute. I consider it a "Studio" so here it is. Stock Burstbucker 1&2 with changed out 50's wiring setup from Jonesyblues. My second time using his stuff and he does a great job IMHO. I did the same to an Epiphone SG G400 and it really brought it to life. I did add a pickguard and personalized the truss rod cover. It's a real a** kicker now. Love it!