• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1964 Gibson Firebird I Purchase!

DEVILBAT

I just added this one to the collection. It's the first Firebird I've ever owned, a 1964 Firebird I. I love it. Thanks to Eliot and Sid at Rumbleseat for a smooth, pleasureable, headache - free deal.
hs1f8h.jpg

I bypassed the trem and I love it!
Johnny

MikeSlub

Administrator
Very cool! :dude:

Get a Historic case so you don't snap the headstock! :bug

cherrick

Les Paul Froum Member
Mike,
I don't think it has to be historic, just one of the new F'bird cases, in order to get the new neck support.

shuie

The brown USA cases are actually a little better than the Historic cases.

Very cool guitar. congrats.

j45

The brown USA cases are actually a little better than the Historic cases.

Very cool guitar. congrats.

This is true. The case is larger and somewhat bulky but a good bit more clearance of the tuners as well as better cradling of the neck than the black Historic and regular new Firebird cases. I have both and I trust the brown one most to carry my birds around.

Oh yes, great guitar. I love the horseshoe Maestro. My vibrola FB I has a regular FB III vibrola.

stevek

Lovely guitar. I see you're very sensibly not using the "I'd like my guitar to be out of tune please" handle :)

I sometimes live dangerously & carry my Fierbird V RI around in a bass guitar gig bag. That's because the hardshell case literally will not fit into the boot of my car!

nickster

Very cool Firebird owners unite., continue collecting and most of all playing em and keep them stock. Very nice guitar.

Last edited:

AtomEve

Les Paul Forum Member
Looks like a beauty! Congratulations. Man I have FB gas!!!!

nickster

Excellent J45 you always have good guitars to look at. Plus Im sure you play the s*** out of them. Cool :dude:

Ian Anderson

I wish Gibson would offer a Firebird I with a stopbar like that as a regular production guitar (under £1000) - single pickup guitars just have something special about them due to the reduced string pull.