• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

GIbson Les Paul FADED vs. Studio/BB pro's

prolik

Hello!
I just got my Gibson Les Paul STANDARD FADED Tobacco burst.

Here is the video of LP STANDARD Faded:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXnSsGZjssA
and
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-cTaC5aBxQU

Here is the video of LP STUDIO VM:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WuQXlsMi9E0
and
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D161HSzthOQ

It's been same setup for comparasion between Standard/Studio.
Here are some riffs/solos from Guns,Zeppelin,AC/DC with few (too) fast licks of my own across fretboard.:2cool

Full comparasion follows, for now, watch videos and decide/compare by yourself.

Have a good time:dude:

IMG_4018NEW2.jpg

PaulSG

Congrats !!!!! :salude

I'm glad you were able to pick up a Faded and keep the VM. I think you'll be very happy in the long run.

They both sound great to my ears!!!

:wail

jwoods986

Congrats! It's funny reading this because I have been thinking about a VM but just won a tobacco burst LP Faded 50s neck about an hour ago on the bay. I was looking at Gibson - ending soonest, and there it was with a great opening bid (no bids yet) and 30 minutes to go. So I put my bid in and no one else bid on it! I can't wait to get it!

Now I have to explain to the wife........

jwoods986

PS - reading all the great reviews/opinions about the Faded sure helps me feel better about what I did :)

jwoods986

Well, I did think about having it sent to my work. But I paid part of it from our checking account, so she'll find out anyway.

Precisionbrown

I can't help with a Studio/Faded comparison as I only have two Faded's and a '57 Custom reissue.

What I can tell you though is that the Faded is probably the BEST value for money Les Paul on the market. The tonal range, playability and vintage looks probably have a lot to do with the finishing process.

They just sound fantastic...everything from 60's British blues, 70's stadium rock to 80's metal.

I would buy another faded in a heartbeat.

Cheers

Grant

Precisionbrown

I can't help with a Studio/Faded comparison as I only have two Faded's and a '57 Custom reissue.

What I can tell you though is that the Faded is probably the BEST value for money Les Paul on the market. The tonal range, playability and vintage looks probably have a lot to do with the finishing process.

They just sound fantastic...everything from 60's British blues, 70's stadium rock to 80's metal.

I would buy another faded in a heartbeat.

Cheers

Grant
I had purchased a 2006 faded cherry LP Studio on a whim and it does apparently have burst buckers and I have 5 other LP 's including a cherry 1977 custom. I can only tell you when my day is done I always pick up that faded Studio. It has such a unique sound. I'm glad I got it when I did and like I said it was on a sheer whim somebody needed a few bucks. I looked it up serial # 59th on 16th of October. I love that Studio and I never thought I'd say that. :worm:hank

B Ingram

... I love that Studio and I never thought I'd say that. :worm:hank

I bought an R9 last year, and the next LP I'd like to get is a Studio.

Gibson keeps monkeying with the models so the old rules of model-name-to-features doesn't apply much anymore. However, when I worked at Gibson, the Studio was just as good as the LP Standard, but just had less cosmetic embellishment (and perhaps a little different hardware). The point of the name "LP Studio" at that time was that when you're recording the sound & playability are all that matters; no one sees how pretty your guitar is.