• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Stolen Guitars

les strat

Sorry to hear that gibson.
I hope you get your stuff back. especially your dog.
Hang the bastards I say.
Luckily I have two German shepherds and nodody would get within ten yards of the house.
One guy jokingly said to me one day.. " Nice guitars Phil, I'll have to sneak in one night and pinch them"
I replied " Feel free old son".."I take it you know where the nearest hospital then?" He said "Why's that"..."So I can visit you while you are having your arse stiched back on", I replied "Coz my dogs have free run of the house at night".
My dogs are really loving. Loyal and affectionate, but holy shit..I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of my male dog Django when he's pissed. This guy can make it across a 9 acre field in 16 seconds and is solid muscle and teeth. Our old bitch died last year, so the new bitch is still a bit too young to seriously guard as she's on about 9 months old and is still silly, although she's really big now.

I do hope you find your dog though.What type was it? Hell! my wife and I would be distraught if that happened to one of ours.

I'm with you Phil. My dobe, Maggie, just loves guitar theives.
IMG_0578.jpg

Gold Tone

Luckily I have two German shepherds and nodody would get within ten yards of the house.
One guy jokingly said to me one day.. " Nice guitars Phil, I'll have to sneak in one night and pinch them"
I replied " Feel free old son".."I take it you know where the nearest hospital then?" He said "Why's that"..."So I can visit you while you are having your arse stiched back on", I replied "Coz my dogs have free run of the house at night".
My dogs are really loving. Loyal and affectionate, but holy shit..I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of my male dog Django when he's pissed.

Very sad to hear about your dog....that is family! And of course the guitars. You'll get other guitars, you'll be fine once again.....you had insurance? But the poor dog, he'll miss you.

Like Phil said, a big dog is a WONDERFUL deterent! I've been ripped off twice, luckily only a few grand. Once....in my early 30's, they climbed into my 2nd story apartment through a small window and in a matter of less than 10 minutes made off with stereo, camera, 800 CD's in a bed cover. Cops said they'll make a few hundred at the back door of a pawn shop for crack. I didn't have a big dog.

A few years ago, while out walking my big dog, gone from the house for 45 minutes, tehy pulled up in a truck and emptied my tool shed. Again, maybe $5000 worth of stuff...insured. When the cops came they were VERY confused..."they stole all that with THAT dog here?!?!?!"....."no, we were out for a walk". They told me they had NEVER been to a B&E where there is a large dog. Too much noise, too much risk of injury to the burgler, too much trouble....more than its worth....next house.

I recoment to anyone who is in a theiving area or in fear of being robbed....get a BIG dog if you can. They also make wonderful, loyal companions.

Sorry about the bad news Bro!!

Cheers,

GT

Axel

That must be devastating, gibson-r8, I hope you'll be able to get back in the Les Paul camp soon.

B

Banker

Hypnotise dog with a deep-programmed "attack" command. When guitars/dog are stolen, cruise the neighbourhood with a megaphone giving the attack command. Follow the screams to guitars and mutt...........

(fee free to swap "attack" with "take a dump".........or combine is you're brutal)

Dishimyuh

good luck. I hope you get your stuff back, especially your dog.

what kind of fucks steal a dog???

eventually, they will get what is coming to them

The same kind that smoke rock and are attracted to pit bulls.