• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

has gibson confirmed that all 2007 usa are chambered

reverbbb

Hey Led:

That is a SUPER cool bike. I loved those things. I never got one when I was a kid. But all the other kids on the block had one.

BTW, the pin stripes on the seat are not accurate. You can tell that is a reissue seat. You dare expose yourself that way in front of all of the perfection police? :laugh2:

Iplay4JC

Here's my bike.

attachment.php

:lol :applaude Now that's a cool bike and epitomizes coolness for me: Banana seat, with spare; shifter on the frame, sissy bar, pedal reflectors, cool fenders, hand brakes. A buddy of mine, we called him Wolfman, had one just like that. For added coolness, he put chopper forks on too. And he could wheelie on that thing for what seemed forever. Man, talk about cool.

masliko

Hi guys first post here.I've owned and played lots of LP's over my 47 years and i think those 07's are fantastic!!.My 78 feels like a plank and is really really heavy to me and does not sound as good as my mates 07..IMHO.That thing has a resonance that my 78 just does not have.I really believe that Gibson has got this right.That 07 screamsssss,you only have knock on the body and you can hear the resonance and sustain IMO.Obviously my 78 is worn in a plays nicer but sound wise.. man ..I want one ! It definitely seems to have more output and sustain.You guys who own and older LP's should try one.My other mate has a 73 i think.I know he loves the 07 but wont admit it,because he's worried that his 73 will lose value but they wont,they're will always be people who will pay a lot and prefer old LP's.But i saw his eyes light up when he heard that thing, like me.As with the 07 not being tight,i dont agree with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqmG3c2j8Ww

Last edited:

Mats A

Didn't you know the Standards is chambered. Think it started in late 2006. It's no secret Gibson has announced this. I'm not sure but i think they have changed the way they chamber them under these years. Before chambering they had the 9 drilled holes. That started around 1983. The Traditional LP is not chambered but had the 9 holes up until 2013 when it stopped being weight relieved. Often the Mahogany body is made of 2 pieces joined together. Don't if they do the Standards like that.

Otto Tune

So basically, they are still differentiating between weight-relief holes and chambers.
Yes. Early weight relieved was simply drilling 9 holes in the body before the top was put on. When computer milling became the norm, they were still weight relieved, but now the shapes took on more of a teardrop shape. Chambered refers to almost a semi-hollow body, without the f-holes. All but the center beam and a strip around the outer edge is routered out.

AliGZero

I believe that Gibson calls the Swiss Cheese pattern "Traditional Weight Relief", the Fan Shaped (or Tear Drop) pattern "Modern Weight Relief" and the Hollow pattern "Sound Chambers". What they're using on the current lineup only the TSA knows for sure.

sonar

Talk about necro...

at least the pub is getting some more traffic.