• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

THE HAWK It's Got That Mojo Thing

BillyBling

I just picked up a "The Hawk"! I love it! I love it more than my Braz RO!!!!!!!!

Toneburst

I played one a few years ago. It was heritage cherry, like the SG Standards. It played awsome and sounded great. Playing it on the bridge pup, with a Blues Jr. cranked, and I wanted to take it home that day. Unfortunately, it was already sold on lay away. When I asked the sales guy if they had anymore, he told me that they had one other one, but he bought it for himself. I have wanted one ever since, but I have never run across one. Congrats on getting one.

TomS

Since starting this post in early July, I have been unsuccessful in putting pics up on "The Hawk". I will stil work on this, even though the guitar itself is really nothing special to look at. I am continuing to really enjoy this one. I did one mod by putting on a tone pros aluminum wraparound bridge, the one w/o the individual adjustingsaddles, just the traditional aluminum bar. It is very nice and works well with this guitar. It intonates quite well and the guitar really rings now, more than before the bridge swap. I played a gig w/ "The Hawk" last week, and it held up well on a 3 hour outdoor hot and humid affair. It seems pretty versatile in that we play surf, funk, Motown, Santana, some jazz standards, and other assorted rock tunes. It's funny how you can run in to a guitar that you bond with, even though it is not one that you would normally even pick up. I guess the low priced Gibson with the 25.5 scale length were the factors that drew me to the guitar after initially seeing it in the GC. If someone could advise me as to how to post pics I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

straightblues

I just got a The Hawk. This is a great sounding and playing slab of mahogany. The fender 25 1/2 scale length gives this guitar a unique tone and fee. I agree it has Mojo. I have a lot of high end guitars, and I am liking this cheapy just as much or more. There isn't a lot of information out there on these guitars. Not sure if many were made. So I am dragging up this very old thread.