• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Peter Green mod once again.

59Vampire

Very interesting. The easiest way I found to do this is call Jon and order pg-102s :)

Sauerlaender

Did the magnet flip on my Coldie CC#2 and it ist absolutely brilliant!
Still got the same sound on single selected PU´s, but got the perfect Greeny sound in between which I loved on the CC#1.
I´ll never regret it!!!:dude:

cheers!<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/58551fd0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

stash1307

I see this is still generating interest - Good!

I've found something else I'd like to add. Stew-Mac sells all sorts of goodies and I enjoy looking through their catalog. I noticed they sell bar magnets for pick-ups, in Alnico 2 and Alnico 5. I don't really know the difference between them other than what I read, but I also noticed that the catalog mentioned something about the Alnico 5 being brighter. The suggested replacing the bar magnet in the bridge pick-up with Alnico 5, Alnico 2 being the likely magnet in older hum-buckers. At $6.00 or so for the magnets I'm thinking this is a very inexpensive way to further alter the sound.

LeBrun Jens

Hi, I have done the Peter Green mod, but i don't get it to work properly. I screwed the pickup into pieces and turned the pickup magnet 180 degrees and put it back together. When i plugged my guitar into my amp, the pickupvolume of the pickup was VERY low. the volume was equal to the bridge pickup - IF THE BRIGDE PICKUP WHERE ON 1! It would be very thanful if someone out there could help me with this problem.

The pickups are Gibson 57 classic in the neck( PG mod) and Gibson 57 classic plus in the bridge.

Kris Ford

I see this is still generating interest - Good!

I've found something else I'd like to add. Stew-Mac sells all sorts of goodies and I enjoy looking through their catalog. I noticed they sell bar magnets for pick-ups, in Alnico 2 and Alnico 5. I don't really know the difference between them other than what I read, but I also noticed that the catalog mentioned something about the Alnico 5 being brighter. The suggested replacing the bar magnet in the bridge pick-up with Alnico 5, Alnico 2 being the likely magnet in older hum-buckers. At $6.00 or so for the magnets I'm thinking this is a very inexpensive way to further alter the sound.

I'd say there's more Gibson pickups made with A5 than A2..from early 60's to the last of the T Tops..ALL had A5..which would be in the 10s of thousands..but yes, a cool way to experiment!

B Ingram

Hi, I have done the Peter Green mod, but i don't get it to work properly. ... When i plugged my guitar into my amp, the pickupvolume of the pickup was VERY low. the volume was equal to the bridge pickup - IF THE BRIGDE PICKUP WHERE ON 1! ...

It's possible you damaged the coil wires when removing or replacing the magnet.

If you can't tell whether the wires connecting the coils are damaged just by looking, you should probably have a tech look at the guitar. They could verify continuity of the coils with an ohmmeter.